US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 06/18/20 - 11 a.m. PT - Pre-session Thread

• 18 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our weekly Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,253252739#,,1#,864010# US (Chicago)

+16468769923,,253252739#,,1#,864010# US (New York)

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

6 replies

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’d like to discuss pre-populating fields on Success plans with you.

Thanks!
Kate

Hi Scott, 

We are in the process of moving our users from Classic to a Lightning Console app. we’ve noticed that when using Gainsight in a Lightning Console the tab behavior isn’t as expected. 

For example, when we open Customer 360 and find an account (1), once we click into the account(2) it opens as a sub tab but any related objects (cases for example) from there will open as a main workspace tab (3) which is not great for UX. It seems that Salesforce isn’t respecting the Gainsight objects tab as a Workspace parent tab.

Ideally we would like them all to either open under the main tab or have the account open under it’s own workspace tab and all related objects open under the new account workspace tab like standard Salesforce objects do.

See my image below, I hope this makes sense. 

We have also tried ctrl clicking on the “View Account” link which should open as it’s own workspace tab but gainsight is still opening as a sub tab with the same behavior as above:

Thank you!

Jeremy

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For those who joined me today for Office Hours (and anybody else), here’s the link to the recording of the session:

https://app.gong.io/e/c-share/?tkn=14jonby1qmbm11eyhe0nsuz6ft

I’ll be posting some follow-up info here for some of the open questions that came up, but thank you for joining!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For @AgassiTran -- I’m attaching a PDF of the documentation I was able to dig up on the legacy “Data Load Configuration” job setup steps - don’t know that I can get much more info about where the data is coming from, but when you find the owner of the data on the other end of the data feed, the info in the Execution History for that old Data Load job may be useful for them.

Screenshot below on where the execution history is found in that old Data Load Configuration UI (yes, even Gainsight is still running an old Data Load job in our instance):

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

My mistake, @AgassiTran -- can’t attach a PDF - but this link will take you to the documentation page for setting up a job in this old connector:

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Data_Management/Managing_Data_In_Gainsight/Matrix_Data_Architecture_Load_Process

Hey @sdrostgainsightcom, I just wanted to follow-up on this. I don’t believe I ever got an email from you (forgive me if I may have missed it). I just wanted to see if there was anything we could do regarding my post above about using Gainsight in the Lightning Console. Thanks!