US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 01/13/22 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 13 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Thursday Admin Office Hours session, Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Scott - I am creating a report of all CTAs...and it is showing CTAs which have been deleted or in DRAFT.  How can I identify those in the report or filter them out.  I am now on NXT version with Alteryx.

Badge +1

Hi Scott - I'd like to talk through a question that has to do with our current CSM assignment setup.

Background: In our instance, we pull Account Team Records for the top level of an account’s hierarchy from Salesforce and then have a rule that cascades the CSM’s name down through the hierarchy. Then we have a rule that looks at the ATR in SF for any changes; if a change is found, the CSM name is removed from the accounts. 

Issue: What we’ve noticed is that there are churned accounts that CSM names are stuck on (child accounts) in which the CSM has been correctly removed from the brand and where there are sibling locations that are still active. When I looked at the rule that controls this, I noticed that there are filters that look at only “Status = Active,” which I would think is causing these newly churned accounts to be excluded from the CSM cascade logic.

Proposed fix: My though to fix this is to run the "Update CSM Fields on child accounts" for all accounts (regardless of status), which should remove the CSM name from any churned account that currently has a CSM.

Question: are there any negative repercussions that I’m not seeing if I choose to go this route? 

Thank you in advance for the help! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @victoria_peeker_barry ! Good to have you back on the office hours threads!

We will have to look at the “deleted” CTAs that are showing up in your report on the session this afternoon.

However, to exclude the Draft CTAs (which only applies to “Objective”-type CTAs on Success Plans), you can either filter for “IsDraft”=false, or filter out Type=Objective if you don’t want Success Plan objectives in there at all.

Talk with you later!

Badge

Hello Scott,  I have a question regarding a Update NPS Survey Campaign error message. The rule updates Campaign status and it gives me the error: “statusCode=CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, message=entity type cannot be updated: Campaign, fields=”

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @ayakushevich -- my guess is that this has to do with permissions - you are updating a record on Salesforce Campaign object, yes? Or more likely on the Campaign Members?  

Either way, I think the issue is either that the field you are trying to update isn’t available for updating for the OAuth User’s permission set, or you have selected the “Name” version of a lookup field when what you need is the actual lookup where an SFDC ID is supposed to go.

We can take a look during the session today, but wanted to throw a couple of guesses out there for you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott, 

I’d like to know if there’s a way in the rules to identify the top 100 accounts with ARR > X or top 10% of accounts with ARR > x.

It might require several transformations but I’d appreciate if you point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Lyne

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Scott - a couple things: 

1. Re: the user management thing on Tuesday, I think we’re all cleared up, except for a potential issue regarding email to timeline. If you have the time, I’ve submitted a ticket for this: 170941
  2. (this one should be quick) I’m having trouble exporting from Object Analyzer. I have a feeling it’s just an issue with our internal org because I’ve exhausted all options except for having someone external (i.e. you if you don’t mind) logging in from tenant management to see if you’re able to export what I need. 

Thanks in advance!

Badge

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom, that was the first thing I had checked, the auth user and my user have full access to the object, so it must be smth else 

Badge

Hi Scott - 

Thanks for your detailed suggestion for a best approach to my NPS Program. We do have an Implementation Date field (semantically different but the idea is the same), so I’ve created the two Programs you suggested. I’m a bit stuck on the Transformation Task for the rolling 6 month program, though. I’ll repost my original question below for context and hopefully we can walk through it together next week. 

Original post:

I’m working on an NPS Program that will trigger CTAs & corresponding Playbooks for the CSMs to work through depending on the score submitted by the Company Person. Ideal cadence is 45 days post-implementation and then every 6 months after that, which will work great for net-new customers as they roll on.

However, this cadence will pull almost all existing customer contacts in at once, which will likely overwhelm our CSMs. I’m wondering how I can activate this Program without immediately bombarding our CSMs with CTAs. In a perfect world, I’d hope for 1) a way to maintain automation so we can ‘set it and forget it’, 2) a filter or criteria that allows participants to trickle in over time, and 3) a way to maintain the 45 days post-implementation & every 6 month cadence.

Thank you,

Chae

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom please let me in