Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 12/01/20 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 30 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, December 01, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93972497920?pwd=SGJPOFNzNUxCNVZYcHJrWnRjM2FoUT09

Meeting ID: 939 7249 7920

Password: F7msaSQ3

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/acvxgAlEJZ

9 replies

Badge

I have been working to validate license assignments in the User Management tool against active licenses in Salesforce and have found a few discrepancies including:

• We have some accounts that have a full or partial license assigned in Gainsight but not in SFDC
  • Users have an unlicensed status in GS but actually have a license in SFDC
  • Users have an Gainsight License status of true but do not have a license type on file

I’m hoping to understand how I can manipulate the GS fields in the User Management tool to align with SFDC

I am hoping to get some guidance on creating a YTD average duration for our product implementations that I can compare against our monthly average duration numbers (for each product). Here is what we have in place right now: 

• We have currently have 11 products that use success plans to track product implementation plans.
  • On these success plan templates, we have some custom fields to track onboarding start, onboarding end and then a calculation field that calculates the duration between those to dates. This gives the number of days it is took to launch the product. 
  • We then take that duration field for each product, filter to those who have launched for the month and look at the average duration for that month. 

What we need:

• I would like to see the YTD average for each product area AND be able to see that as a trend line in comparison to what the average duration was for the moth. 
Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My company has asked me to explore moving away from Account Owner towards primarily using Opportunity Owner. I would like to learn more about the challenges of operating this model within the Gainsight framework.

Ex. One account owner for all accounts. However, each internal business would have its applicable renewal opportunities that are automatically created at sale/renewal. CTAs, etc would need to look at current open renewal opp owner rather than CSM as the account owner.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hello - I’m trying to build out a series of rules for an engagement score.  Looking for some basic advice here.  

Example:  Trying to take a count of all active users on the relationship level for the last 90 days.  I filter them out, and try to transform the data to get a count, but I keep running into issue after issue.  

Badge +2

Apologies for missing last week, reposting the question for this session: What's your recommendation for clients who have firewalls preventing them from opening survey links for surveys 2.0 sent through jo?

Actually changing my question to the following: Why won’t one of my user lookup fields on Relationship not populating when I search in the Owner field on a cta (when the other user lookup fields are populating)?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Throwing this one in again… @sdrostgainsightcom, I think you were going to look more into this and respond but I hadn’t seen anything yet.

I have a JO Program, where when utilization drops below 50%, the customer enters into the program.  The problem is building the “Calculated Field” for the EXIT.  If the customer utilization comes up above 50% (the easy part) OR if the level increases by 15%, then they need to exit the JO flow.  I have built the value into the program that calculates the utilization + 15%, so I know what that level needs to be (i.e. utilization was at 25%, so the exit would be either 40%, or 50%), but I can’t seem to do a compare of the CURRENT VALUE of the utilization (which I can access) to the variable that in this case would be 40%.  I can only provide a STATIC comparison.  Is there any other way to do this?

Badge

Relationship fields not showing on CTA detail view after checking the box on the relationship administration

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @kate_griffin -- give me some time to type up some bullet points with what you might have to create to get this report to work - there are so many moving parts that I need to check something in a dev org and then see if I can’t point you in the right direction.

Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom just FYI the resolution from support, they solved it! 

I could see the respective field isn't added in the Relationship config for that relationship type, so that field isn't populating. I added the field on Relationship config later on I could see the "Onboarding Manager" field is populating. Below Screenshot for reference.

?name=inline2035361616.png