Admin Office Hours - 7/25/19

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi everyone, this thread is for our Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Thursday, July 25, 2019. Submit your questions to this thread, and we'll address them during our session at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

11 replies

Badge
Hi! I'm looking to see if there is a way to schedule a rule to run daily, except don't run at all in the month of July. I think I can do this using the advanced schedule, however, it appears I can only select it to run every 23 hrs instead of 24. Do you know of a way?

Hi Spencer,

I am interested in best practices tied to Journey Orchestrator's Survey outreaches and Link tracking capabilities. It seems that through our IT Security's infrastructure it doesn't allow us to respond to surveys or navigate through links that have the link tracking enabled. I believe a solution would be for our IT to 'Whitelist' (not sure if thats the actual term) the gainsight generated URLs, allowing them to get through the security.

My main concern is not with our internal communication, but I assume that our customers will have similar IT security set up. Are there any best practices on how to navigate this issue with customers to ensure that they are experiencing our desired customer experience without requiring them to chase IT to bypass security?

We are testing using Low Volume Custom Objects and on the test we can't figure out how to edit. There is not "Action" column. Would you be able to take a look and see if we missed a step? Thanks!

Badge
Hey Spencer, I am having some trouble getting my Count of CTA rule to work properly. Also, I really only care about the lack of one CTA Type. Is there a way I can adjust the rule or build a report to identify accounts that are missing that particular CTA Type?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
For everyone with questions on this thread - I am supposed to be covering the online session that was scheduled to start about 15 minutes ago.

Spencer had handed off Co-organizer rights to me, but the platform has not been cooperating.

I've opened up a meeting here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/388192541

I'll also reach out with individual answers where possible to each of you on the thread - and my email address is sdrost@gainsight.com

So sorry for the confusion!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello Lori - again, apologies for the delays in getting the Office Hours session up and running today if you were trying to log in during the first 15 minutes.

Feel free to reach out to me at sdrost@gainsight.com if the below Advanced Scheduler setup doesn't work for you:

0 1 0 * 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12 ?

I plugged it into an online "show next dates" converter, starting on June 27, and it showed the next dates as June 28 - 30 at 12:01:00 a.m., then skipping to Aug 1 at 12:01:00 a.m. and going from there:

I was also able save the above string in Advanced Scheduler in one of my environments, so it's not too complex for the rules interface.

Hope this takes care of the request, but drop me a line if there are issues!

Scott Drost

sdrost@gainsight.com

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello Lauren - please reach out to me at sdrost@gainsight.com - so sorry about the delays in getting the Office Hours session up and running earlier today.

I'm seeing the same behavior in my test Gainsight instance when creating a new Low Volume object and adding to the C360 - the Actions column is not appearing - so I don't think it's something that you are missing in the setup (or if it is, I'm not finding it either).

I'll reach out to our Product/Support via internal channels to see if I can get a quick answer on whether there's a known issue here, or there's a step that we're missing in our documentation.

Best,

Scott Drost

sdrost@gainsight.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Anna - were you able to get this answered yesterday? If not, can you send me a quick email with your question, and I'll reply there? sengel@gainsight.com

Badge
Scott helped me out! Thanks for checking, Spencer!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Following up here, Lauren - found out what the issue is:

Currently, the tabular report that you use as the "entry" for editing records in an LV object requires that the GSID field be one of the columns (see my screenshot below)

The interface for the LV-on-360 editing and adding is in the early state - I'm going to find out when the requirement for that column will be removed (since it doesn't provide the end user with any useful info) - but at the very least, this will allow you to continue with some testing. Let me know via reply or email if you need additional info!

Hi Scott,

Have you been able to determine if anything like this has been experienced by others of your customers? How has Gainsight gotten around this in the past?

Just bumping this thread.

Thanks!