Question

Want ability to view MDA Usage Data in Engagement Tab and "Usage" section of C360

• 15 December 2015
  • 29 replies

Currently, you can only view SalesForce and Gainsight Data within the "Engagement Tab" and "Usage Section" of c360. We would like to marry this data to our MDA Data. For example, we would like to see if certain CTAs close, does this raise our product adoption. Currently, the Engagement Tab and Usage chicklet in 360 provide little value with our use case.

29 replies

Hi Andrea which data specifically in SFDC would you want to see joined with MDA data?  We have the ability to do joins, however it would need to be between MDA subject areas.  Let us know what data you'd want to see and we can provide options.  Thanks
Hi Andrea,

When you say "certain CTA's" close, do you mark these events as milestones? If yes, we will be implementing the capability to include milestones on to MDA graphs in short to medium term. Please let me know if that would solve your use case? 

Thanks!
Hi Sumesh,

We do not mark the CTAs as milestones. Prior to implementing Gainsight, our team did not have milestones in SF, so we chose to move forward without them, especially because there wasn't an option to load MDA data to them. If that capability was available, I would be more interested in moving forward with creating milestones in SF. Is it possible to mark something as a milestone without a milestone field existing in SF?
Hi Scott,

We have already joined our MDA data with SF data in the Reporting 2.0 tool. What we are looking for is to see our MDA data in the Engagement Tab. If that is possible I can e-mail you a list of some of the metrics we would want to see there.

Let me know and Merry Christmas!
Hi Andrea,

I'm tagging another Product Manager who might be able to help with your question on milestones.

Thanks!  
Badge
We are about to enable MDA, and I learned today that usage data in MDA doesn't work with the Usage Widget on the C360. I guess there is a workaround via Reports. Just seems to me having things integrated and the Usage data displayed consistently would be optimal.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
It'd be great if the Usage section could pull in data from MDA. Much of where are data lives is not in SFDC.
Userlevel 6
I'm working with three Gainsight customers that really want to see MDA data in the current C360 "usage" format (instead of a Reports 2.0 section). The reason is because of the flexibility of the "usage" graph which allows you to easily choose data from the drop down including the time frame right on the front screen without having extra clicks hidden in a filter AND because milestones can be overlayed with the lines on the graph AND because you can easily zoom on that graph.  Is there any way to preserve and use the flexibility of the usage section approach with MDA data?  Thank you.
+1 for Elaine's comment. I have also received this request from several customers.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
This is still a high priority for us. However, we would like some MDA data in Usage that at the same time will not count toward our SFDC storage.
What is the main use case to want to use usage reports instead of report 2.0. The reason I ask is that for many customers it is the milestone overlay. Since August, we now support milestone overlay in report 2.0. See more details in section 2.11 here - https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/225925747-Release-Notes-Version-5-2-August-2016
Userlevel 6
The other feedback I've heard is that companies like the navigation better in the usage report for the user than on a report 2.0.  With the usage report, you can choose data from the drop down including the time frame right on the front screen without having extra clicks hidden in a filter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
+1 to Elaine's comment. I've had very similar requests from two different customers in the past few weeks. 
Badge
Elaine is exactly right. In our scenario, the usage data is rolled up from individual child accounts to a parent account. Users want to be able to easily drill down to one or more specific child Accounts.

A drop down list is easy to use. There is no way I am going to train a VP level person on modifying the filters on a report.
Badge +1
The ability to add milestones is at the C360 level and not available in the Reports tool for our MDA usage data, so my CSMs have to change the settings on their 2.0 MDA usage reports to add milestones.  And, they are not sticky either.  It is not default and there is no way for a Gainsight Admin to make them default. They also do not appear in the Success Snapshots with these reports.

And because the Milestones sit on the Usage Feature in Gainsight in the C360, I have it there listed as Milestones.  Would love to see at minimum, the milestones ability to be decoupled (if Gainsight Admin wants and not as a basic 2.0 report table) from the usage feature, milestones shown on MDA usage reports as the default setting of the C360, and the option to choose to have milestones on MDA usage reports in the exported success snapshots.

Would love to also explore the ability to expand support of MDA usage data in the Usage feature and/or the Engagement tab for our different applications' MDA usage data.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
For us, we are over our SFDC limit for storage. We've pushed our Usage data to MDA, but now we can't get it into the Usage widget on the C360. 

We have the option on the widget to select a report, but that does not pull the data in.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Sumesh!

Was this capability released? If so, where can I find the documentation on this?
Userlevel 6
Lane, I checked in with our product team and we would like to provide a way to connect usage data in MDA to the standard view of usage on the C360 that is currently reserved for usage data from SFDC (it's the view that comes out of the box with Gainsight).  Using MDA data in the standard view will not likely be available in our Fall Release later this year but MAY be available in Winter (next year).  It would be helpful if you could highlight here what capabilities that you like about the standard view of usage on C360.   In the meantime, if you're using MDA for storing usage we recommend using Reports 2.0 to display usage data on the C360.  Thank you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Elaine, 

The features of the widget we use often are:

• the ability to see milestones compared to other usage
  • The ability to check and uncheck different metrics
  • the ability to click and zoom
  • the ability to change the range.
    • this is very helpful as it allows us to compare previous years data to current data to see if there is a cyclical trend
Hi Elaine,

does ability to use the MDA usage data in C360 presuppose automatically same possibility for R360? 

Thanks!
Hi Elaine,

does ability to use the MDA usage data in C360 presuppose automatically same possibility for R360? 

Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Sorry Lyubov...I'm not sure I understand the question since not all customers use Relationships.  But I do think it would be great to have an option for consistency in how you view MDA usage data across both C360 and R360. 
Userlevel 6
Gainsight Product, Are any of the areas that Lane mentioned which are important in the "Engagement" section of the C360 today planned for if you set up usage in MDA and have to show it as a Report?  The areas that they use under Engagement that do not appear if you put your data in MDA include: 

• the ability to see milestones compared to other usage
  • the ability to click and zoom
  • the ability to change the range.
    • this is very helpful as it allows us to compare previous years data to current data to see if there is a cyclical tren
Userlevel 6
Hi Gainsight Product, Looking for an update....Do we have plans to allow MDA usage data to appear in the 'out-of-the-box' usage section of the C360 (which is normally reserved for usage data trending in SFDC)?   As previously noted, the user interface on the C360 usage section is highly desirable.  Thank you! 
Userlevel 6
Hi Gainsight Product, Still looking for an update....Do we have plans to allow MDA usage data to appear in the 'out-of-the-box' usage section of the C360 (which is normally reserved for usage data trending in SFDC)?   As previously noted in this thread, the user interface on the C360 usage section is highly desirable.  Thank you!