Solved

Unable to see new Dropdown category

• 20 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge

Evening.

We’ve set up a new dropdown list category in the company object and I’m trying to add it now to the activity types, as a new field. When I go into adding a new field, and the category selector I can’t see the new dropdown list I’ve added. This is using the “Configure for” Global setting.

For the “Configure for” Company or Relationship setting I can see the new dropdown list in the category list but can’t edit existing activities.

Any clues as to what I’m missing in the setup?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by pgeorge 3 December 2019, 11:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jnoble100  I believe you’ll need to add it under Data Management, and then, Dropdown Lists to be able to use it in the Timeline activity section.

Badge

Thanks @heather_hansen. Do you mean create an object with the same name as the dropdown list?

I’ve added the dropdown list as a category under Data Management > Dropdown Lists already.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jnoble100 Hm.  No, if you have it added there, it should show as an option for the activities.  Is it multi-select by any chance?

Badge

@heather_hansen - I had wanted to set it as single select and thought I had but it’s showing as multi-select and there’s no way I can see to edit it to change it back.

It shows as an option for activities but only if I select Company or Relationship but not Global - and then I can’t edit existing types.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jnoble100 Sorry!  Was just taking a look at my set up. So, I don’t get Multi-select dropdowns as an option in any of the sections for Global, Company or Relationship, so I suspect that might be the issue.  And you are right, I don’t believe you can edit it once created, so you’ll have to create it again as Single Select.  

Badge

Strangely it’s showing up as a field now on the company object. Is there anyway to delete the dropdown completely and start again? I can’t see any option for deleting it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @jnoble100 ,

The option to delete the dropdown is present in the Dropdown lists page in Data management. If the dropdown does not have any dependencies, the category can be deleted.

Thank you

Preethi

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jnoble100 did @pgeorge comments resolve your query? Please let us know if you need any help.