Solved

Trying to find a drop down used in Success Stories

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello! I’ve inherited an instance (SFDC) of Gainsight and am looking to update a drop down on our success story entries. They are entered in C360 as an alternative to success plans. The drop down list is a list of our product offerings that needs to be updated.

I’ve gone into Data management / drop downs and am not seeing it there. When I go to one of my reports with that object in there, I can see the path as CTA Group. I’ve gone into CTAs and am not seeing it in there either. I’ve also looked at the configuration of the success story template and am not finding any clues there. Any ideas on how I can reverse engineer to find out where this drop down list is pulled from? TIA!

icon

Best answer by hardik_mota 26 August 2022, 11:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Could it be coming from SFDC?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @donnamcnamara 

In SFDC Instance, The success plan object fields in the SP templates inherits from the SFDC object called as “CTA Group”. You might want to take a look in that object & review the drop-down list to update them. 

I’ve peeked into your SFDC instance & looks like you were looking to update the field as “RSi Product” picklist field , which is present in the “Success Stories” template. 

To update the dropdown values in the above field, Please follow the steps 

1. Click on the salesforce setup gear icon & type “object Manager” in the Left pane searchbar 
  2. Lookout for the “CTA Group” object and then click on the picklist field which you are looking to edit
  3. You shall see the existing list of items/product offerings. Now click on +New fields to create new items in the same field
  4. Click on save and those fields should reflect in the C360 > Success PLan > Success Stories Detail Section > Rsi Product. 

Here’s the direct URL of the field, which I’m referring here. If that’s not the affected field, then you can still perform the same steps to look for the other dropdown fields in the same object. 

Best,

Hardik

Thanks so much @hardik_mota  This is exactly what I was looking for!