Question

SnowFlake Connector (Horizion Experience) - Does Scheduled Job Import All Data or only Last Modified?

• 17 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Within a SCHEDULED job in the SnowFlake connector, is ALL DATA fetched by default?  Or is only data updated since the last job run date fetched?

I don’t see anywhere to specify which to retrieve when configuring a SCHEDULED job.

That option is only presented if I run a Job On Demand.

We’re required to specify the Primary Key and Reference for last modified date when creating the job, so I’m guessing that a scheduled job only fetches modified records, but I’ve not seen this expressly documented one way or another.

Thanks!

JJ

3 replies

@jeremy_johnston ,  when a job is run for the first time either via scheduled run or via import now all data run, all the data is fetched. For subsequent scheduled runs, only modified data since last run date are fetched. You can refer this support doc for more details.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Ritesh! That’s what I needed to know re: the behavior of the import in a scheduled run.

As a suggestion, Gainsight may want to update the support doc you shared to explain that a) all data is imported the 1st time a scheduled job runs and b) only modified records are imported thereafter.

This point is explained in detail for On Demand imports, but it is not explained for scheduled runs.

@jeremy_johnston ,  we have incorporated your feedback in Snowflake connector support document by providing few examples. It would be great if you could have a look and share your feedback.