Solved

relationship person

• 26 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

How do you remove Relationship Person if your source of truth object is salesforce contacts? We have checkboxes on salesforce contacts that indicate relationship. My question is how do other companies maintain this? My concern is having to rely on CSMs to remember to uncheck the boxes on contact when they have a contact leave.

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 9 September 2020, 00:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jean.nairon will be you able to answer this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @ml2019 - It will unfortunately most likely take a manual process for CSMs to update contacts. Either someone will need to update Salesforce or they can update Gainsight if it’s easier. For example, you could setup a bi-directional sync so that a CSM could update the checkbox in Gainsight instead of having to do it in Salesforce. 

How are you tracking when a contact leaves? You can use Sponsor Tracking to alert when a contact has updated their Linkedin with a new job. Sponsor tracking can be triggered by promotions or volunteer or education updates so it does require human intervention to ensure the update is legitimate. 

if you’re tracking sponsor exits in another way, you might be able to automate things more but I most often see these processes requiring human interaction because CSMs or Linkedin are usually the first to now when a contact leaves a customer’s org. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

@jean.nairon Thank you, this is helpful! I’ve gone with the bi-directional sync. Thank you for the confirmation on this!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You’re welcome!