Question

Reflection of default values on fields.

• 19 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi Team,

Customer has reached out on the unavailability of default values on success plans fields. I reached out to the Success Plans team and they have confirmed that the default values won’t reflect as per the product set-up. As a follow-up questions, customer wants to know the other areas where the default values that are set on fields won’t reflect.

I can find from the community post that dependent picklist too doesn’t support the default values as we may have a contradiction between Controlling field and the dependent field. 

Could you please share more information as to where else the default values won’t reflect?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Customer here - my ask was simply ‘Does anyone at Gainsight know, comprehensively, where these default fields are configurable but not supported?’.  @anirbandutta can you help find out if anyone knows this or is willing to find out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Anil Raj Pujari do we have any admin settings to share in this context?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@anirbandutta or @Anil Raj Pujari any thoughts?

Badge

@bradley 

Configuring default values for fields in success plan type layout is in our medium term roadmap. Currently the default value mentioned while creating a custom field is not supported. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

wanted to add this: 

as it predates the question here but continues to be on ongoing problem. Still looking for an answer to my question of “Does anyone at Gainsight know, comprehensively, where these default fields are configurable but not supported?” as well.

Badge

in admin > success plan,

• while creating a new custom field on success plan a default value can be mentioned. But this default value is currently not honored. honoring this default value is part of short term roadmap 
  • While adding the custom field to success plan type layout, admin cannot mention a default value. Ability to mention a default value specific success plan type is part of short term roadmap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

in admin > success plan,

• while creating a new custom field on success plan a default value can be mentioned. But this default value is currently not honored. honoring this default value is part of short term roadmap 
  • While adding the custom field to success plan type layout, admin cannot mention a default value. Ability to mention a default value specific success plan type is part of short term roadmap.

Right, that is sort of the crux of this whole post. My question was about default fields in general. Is there any one place I can go to find every instance where a default value can be configured in the platform, and find out whether or not that value will be honored elsewhere?