Solved

Pulling data from Power BI into Gainsight NXT

• 26 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello,

as far as I know, there’s no connector for Gainsight NXT and Power BI. Is there anything in the roadmap?

Or which would be the best way/workaround to pull data from Power BI into NXT?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by cjacksonfe 27 July 2021, 18:12

@Ester.Memoli , it’s my understanding that Power BI is not necessarily a datasource in and of itself, but rather an analytics tool that connects to different sources of data and then you can correlate it and so on. 

Given that assumption, I don’t think there’s a possibility to get the data from BI into something else - you would just figure out what sources are feeding it, and feed those into Gainsight. Mind you, I’m not an expert or anything in the BI space, so I might be short-selling PBI’s capabilities, but that’s the path I would take. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Ester.Memoli , it’s my understanding that Power BI is not necessarily a datasource in and of itself, but rather an analytics tool that connects to different sources of data and then you can correlate it and so on. 

Given that assumption, I don’t think there’s a possibility to get the data from BI into something else - you would just figure out what sources are feeding it, and feed those into Gainsight. Mind you, I’m not an expert or anything in the BI space, so I might be short-selling PBI’s capabilities, but that’s the path I would take. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @cjacksonfe you made a valid point.

I’m not a PowerBI expert too, so it’s an interesting and useful comment about its purpose and use. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Ester.Memoli - you can load data to PowerBI just like Tableau or any other analytics tool.There’s generally no way to transform data in PBI except for merging tables.

If you load data to PowerBI, you can load the same data to Gainsight via S3. 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Connectors_(Horizon_Experience)/File-Based_Integration/Gainsight_S3_Connector

Userlevel 3

Thank you @jean.nairon