Multi-select picklist design issues

• 28 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

The multi-select feature is poorly designed throughout. In rules engine/query builder, we have to build overly convoluted queries to be able to track NULL values and combine them with (OR condition) includes/excludes. 

It is also extremely difficult to leverage in any reporting considering the things we can or can’t do with it (can’t group by). 

It’s impossible to write to it without convoluted formulas to not override what’s already there. 

Everything about this feature is terrible. It needs an overhaul to start making sense and to stop requiring convoluted 20 steps approaches to get anywhere with it. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

+@Azad to this convo

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

+@Azad to this convo

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Azad Checking in on this, and specifically the group by aspect? This is super limiting and makes the use of these fields quite a handicap when it comes to reporting. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Azad Checking on this, every day the lack of everything with multi-select picklists comes back to prevent me from doing something. It seems like a small ask to make it work properly (although I do realize it’s probably not technically), but it’s really impeding. #adminQOL

I need to be able to map multi-selects in JO so I can filter/version based on values. I’m so tired of them displaying as GSIDs. I mean why? It’s so so so so impeding to have to convert them into strings and what no. It’s so much energy that could be spent on something else.