The problem I’d like to solve is getting visibility into Github for our Account Execs (sales people)
- Our sales team uses Gainsight Team View in SFDC
- We are almost done setting up the Gainsight / Zendesk integration
- The team would really like to see Github tickets open for customers as well
- We use Github for two things:
- Engineering escalations from Support
- Customer Requested Enhancements
Has anyone integrated Gainsight with Github?
Best answer by jean.nairon
If you can create an automated CSV export from Github, you could setup an s3 connection to ingest the data. This is probably the best and easiest option for Gainsight’s Nxt version unless you use the API.
The other option that works well with the SFDC version of Gainsight is to use a Github to Salesforce connector. There isn’t any out-of-the-box connectors for Github and Gainsight but there are some to SFDC. Here are a couple examples that are provided by 3rd parties:
If you are on the Salesforce version of Gainsight, you can use on of the connectors above to load the new tickets and enhancements into Salesforce and then show it in Gainsight.
If you are on the Nxt version, you can use the CSV ingest I mentioned above or load it to SFDC and then bring it into GS via the connector or rule.