Solved

Getting CPQ objects (subscription/product) data in Gainsight

• 29 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone -

Looking for some assistance here.  We just integrated CPQ into our Salesforce instance which is fantastic!  I’m not looking to pull in our contract/product/subscription product in Gainsight to being reporting, update Customer 360, and update our rules to reflect that data instead of the original data that was held on the account page.  I confirmed that these objects all roll up into the account, but I don’t see them in Gainsight as avaliable.  I’m sure I’m missing a step, but I’m not sure which one.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 29 October 2019, 14:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Justin,

Can you explain this sentence a little bit more, I’m not quite following what you’re trying to describe.

I’m not looking to pull in our contract/product/subscription product in Gainsight to being reporting, update Customer 360, and update our rules to reflect that data instead of the original data that was held on the account page.

Hi @dan_ahrens -

Yes, the simplest explanation is… “posting before the coffee kicked in”.

What I meant was:

I’m looking to pull in our contract/product/subscription product in Gainsight for: reporting, updating Customer 360, and to update our rule chains.  Currently our rules fire off of data from the account page, this will have to change since that data is moving to our subscription object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@minh_phan - would this be something that the Renewal Center connector can help with?

@justin_bills - usually any SFDC objects are available for use in Rules and Reporting. If you’re not seeing the objects when using Rule or Report builder, there might be a permissions conflict. Otherwise, that data should be accessible to at least read from, and use in Gainsight. If you wanted to bring that data into Gainsight, then the connector I tagged Minh about might be a possible solution as well.