Solved

Does data designer allow for an outer join (only include data that does not match)?

• 10 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I am trying to look at fallout from a CTA. I have created a data set for data designer for the items I would expect the CTA to fire on and another data set for the CTAs fired. I want to merge and only include the items from the expected that are not in CTAs. The CTAs_fired dataset is limited the type of CTA that would be fired from the rule. 

In SQL language:

Select * from Expected_CTAs 

where Account_SFDC_ID not in

(select Account_SFDC_ID from CTAs_Fired)

icon

Best answer by john_apple 11 January 2020, 06:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

As far as I can tell, this is not a built-in capability of Data Designer (nor Bionic Rules Engine). If you merge and retain all records from both Expected CTAs and CTAs Fired and then do a transform off the merge to filter for just accounts where CTA record ID is Null that would provide an output of Accounts that would expect to have a CTA but did not have one created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As far as I can tell, this is not a built-in capability of Data Designer (nor Bionic Rules Engine). If you merge and retain all records from both Expected CTAs and CTAs Fired and then do a transform off the merge to filter for just accounts where CTA record ID is Null that would provide an output of Accounts that would expect to have a CTA but did not have one created.

@john_apple Thanks for the advice.

@andreammelde I vote for @john_apple comments.