Solved

date format when uploading data to an MDA object

• 8 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge
I've finally understood exactly how to upload data using the S3 connector to and MDA object. however, I was quite surprised when I was troubleshooting and searching the gainsight support site that formats starting with day (dd/MM/yyyy or dd-MM-yyyy) are not at all supported. this becomes incredibly annoying for me and our CSMs since we're based in Europe and most of our data in Salesforce uses this formatting instead of the classic American MM/dd/yyyy. It would be very nice and much more manageable if we could have this format supported. Thank you

icon

Best answer by oscarhero 17 April 2019, 11:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Oscar,

Did you review this support page : https://support.gainsight.com/Rules_Engine/Admin_Guides/S3_Dataset_Task_in_Bionic_Rules

The subheading Columns discusses file types and date types. Multiple format types are supported for date, including dd/MM/yyyy.

Badge +3
We recommend using the S3 Dataset task to bring in the data vs the S3 Connector. That is the article that Dan references and should support the date types you are hoping to use. Were there other areas (in addition to S3) where you are having a date formatting issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@oscarhero Please let us know if you still have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@oscarhero Is your query answered by our experts or do you need any help here?

Badge
yes I'm sorry. it seems I must've had some other error that was messing up the formatting and it worked fine for later uploads.

thanks,