Solved

Company Person Merge Duplication

• 1 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Our back office team merged a bunch of SFDC accounts. Contacts etc have been merged into the “master” accounts and those details brought into Gainsight under the master record. However, we still have all of these duplicate accounts I am trying to merge into the new “master” in Gainsight. 

As a part of the merge process, the system requires that you check the box for merge company person data. The issue, is that since SFDC already pulled in the merged data, merging in Gainsight seems to me duplicating the old company person records under the master - even though they were already brought in through the merge in SFDC and subsequent push to Gainsight.

Is there a way around this? Do I really have to choose between losing customer information in Gainsight (not merging in GS) and duplicating a ton of company person records (merging in GS)? 

icon

Best answer by gunjanm 4 March 2021, 21:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jochle sorry for the inconvenience. To double check the configuration I am redirecting this to our support team. They can easily fix this. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ensure the SFDC Contact ID is also mapped to Company Person. That will help reduce duplication.

Company Persons cannot be merged, and this leads to immense duplication. It’s a PITA. 

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@gunjanm When you say it will help reduce duplication.. you mean it will help identify duplicate records? So that I can go in manually and delete them? Or is there a better way?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@jochle it will help reduce the possibility of creation of duplicates if, say, a company is merged on the SFDC side. If you only map the email and Company ID, this will create a new Company Person that correlates with the "new" Company. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@gunjanm We have a field called External Contact ID with data type of SFDC ID on the Company Person object. Are you implying that when merging account records, the system will automatically reference this field as a sort of resolution key for this object?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@jochle that should do the trick!

End Proctoring-