Question

Assign a CTA to CSM when Using MDA Table

• 22 August 2016
  • 5 replies

I have MDA table to store usage data. I'm doing some calculations based on this table and when I see a drop in one of the usage elements I want to create a CTA and assign it to the CSM of the account.

I did a join between the MDA to the Account object but when joining the tables the CSM field is not a lookup anymore and I can't use it to assign the CTA.

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

Aviv.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Aviv,

If you go to Admin -> Data Management -> and Edit the CSM field on Account, is this mapped as User ID under SFDC Mapping? This is what will allow it to be selected as a CTA assignee field.

Best,

Joe
Thanks Joseph!

When doing what you wrote I had the option to choose the CSM as the owner field, but I don't have any Data on this object.. it's empty.

Do I need to do something active in order to update this object?

What is it for?

Thanks,

Aviv.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Aviv,

I apologize I didn't realize it was that object. Sometimes these objects get created for a scorecard process by the system. I would actually suggest creating a new object with the Account ID, along with any other Account attributes like CSM you might need. You would then populate this with an upsert rule, using Account ID as your only identifier. Then do the join from your usage object -> this new account details object.

Let me know if this helps.

Joe 
Thanks Joseph! :)

So basically the only way to set CSM as an owner of a CTA in this case is by joining 2 MDA tables while one of them has the CSM as a field?

and how can I join between 2 MDA tables?

Thanks much!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Aviv,

Yes, you could go the join route or could use a rule that just loads the CSM field directly to the MDA Usage details object you have. 

If you wanted to do a join, you can find a support article here. Keep in mind to do the join from the usage object -> account details object. (From the many to one direction.)