Solved

Adoption Explorer Setup

Badge
Hi!

I'm trying to get a project setup with Adoption Explorer tool but have some questions/confusion on the process.

First, if we already have usage data from our platform stored in the MDA, what does adoption explorer offer? Is it a more powerful reporting tool with better insights? Reading throught the overview article, it doesn't seem to be much different than reports I've already built out.

Secondly, regarding the creation of the project - we have an S3 connection to our platform usage, which is stored in custom MDA tables. Should I be using the S3 bucket as the source or the MDA tables? The biggest issue it seems for this setup is that an 'Account ID' is not provided in the usage datafeed and I have to load that from Salesforce into the MDA which is required by the project setup.

Can I get some tips/tricks or recommendations on how to best set up Adoption Explorer? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by skalle 20 September 2019, 07:30

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Gainsight is supposed to be setting up a webinar on this this month. @lila_meyer any updates there?

Badge
Thanks for the reply! A webinar would be great, if it's not too late to sign up for it. Haven't seen anything in my emails regarding this though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
It pains me to say we're still working on the webinar scheduling, but it will happen!

@dan_ahrens Can you share the date and registration details once they're firmed up since I'm OOO next week? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@skalle for help with your general AE questions!

Badge
Thanks Lila!

Badge
Thank you! No problem, just glad I didn't miss out on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We'll be sure to share it once we have it locked in. I'm out of office next week too, so look for some updates the week after.

Badge
Thanks Dan! Looking forward to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@darkknight @manmeet_dosanjh The webinar will be on Sept. 18 and I'll be able to share the registration link very soon. Most likely it will start at 9am PT, but just confirming that final detail!

Badge
Awesome, thank you for following up Lila! Appreicate it.

Looking forward to this webinar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Here we go! Sept. 18 at 9am PT. Sign up here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Look forward to it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone, we have a new 11-min. video intro to Adoption Explorer! Please check it out and bring your questions to the Sept. 18 webinar. :)

Badge
Hi Manmeet, Since this post I had a chance to talk with you last week and demo the basic model we set up for you. When you are ready with the additional usecases you want to achieve, we can work via your COM and have the next discussion.

But Thanks for the above post , I will take this to reach out to broader audience --

Today GS platform already can help store the Usage data via Custom objects,Rules for metrics, Reports for Dashboards etc, but its not the most ideal way to solve that usecase or turn the data to insights is our premise and that there was a need to standardize this most important "Customer Dataset".

As Manmeet pointed, the inights we can get from AE is very powerful and the fact that the insights/metrics/data can then be turned actionable as they are availablein Rules/Reports is definitely a plus.

With AE - we can bring data from multiple sources to the system and then very quickly using various powerful functions and Layouts(Usage Dashboards in AE) get insights reflected faster and better. We were able to add the concept of Person journey from usage data perspective via AE for the first time in GS.

The various data models to manage Usage data in opens up lot of possibilities around the insights we can get too. Just to name a few data model constructs we have attempted to standardize -

1. Company model

2. Company Person model ( Usage data captured at Person/user level aggregated to the Company/Account level,

3. Introducing the concept of "Instance" model to the above to manage say data at Instance - Location/BU/Product/ Multi-Field also can become that unique identifier for instance - Ex Customer A wants to manage Usage data at Location+Product+Version to make a business decision

4. Company - Entitlement(Use Limits)