What goes in a customer journey? (CS Ops Meet-Up Key Takeaways)

• 22 October 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 548 replies

Our monthly meet-up group about the CS Ops of Digital-Led CS has discussed what it takes to map the customer journey, but that’s different than what belongs in a customer journey. We got 50 digital-led leaders and strategists together on October 20, 2021 to dig into this question.

Kathryn Perkins, Senior Director of Customer Success Programs & Journey at Planview, kicked us off by presenting the case that “onboarding”, “QBR”, etc. belong in your engagement model, but do not belong in your journey.

🔊 Presentation and Q&A (audio)

🖼️️ Slide deck

Kathryn referred to the concepts of “PIMO” and “LAER”, which are described here: https://www.tsia.com/blog/changing-engagement-models

Then, participants went into breakout rooms to talk through their successes, stumbling blocks, and ideas.

🎥 After-Breakout Debrief

Here are a few more of their most valuable takeaways, in their own words:

• For me, I realized that in our unmanaged group (low ARR group, high tech touch) we actually don’t have a good way for them to assess their maturity. I got some good feedback from the others in my group and I want to incorporate maturity into our JO programs for these customers.
  • The Aha moment for a customer may change based on their maturity. And a customer’s Aha moment may not be the same as the KPIs you track about your customer.
    It can be tough to find well-defined pre-agreed upon Milestones with customers.
  • The idea of Business requirement survey to assess maturity level is very good!
  • I like the idea of using a survey with thoughtful questions for customers to assess their maturity and then comparing that to what we feel their maturity level is to notice any disconnects.
  • Use of Maturity model pdf for customers to self assess. Compare it with CSMs assessment.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!