Question

Update custom fields when a playbook is created

When adding tasks to a playbook there is an option to choose the owner/date/priority/status and so.

I want the option to customize those fields and add a custom field we have on Task Object in SF - Medium. This field holds the medium of the task (email, phone, etc..).

Actually, I want to choose the medium when creating the playbook task so whenever the specific task will be created under the playbook the medium will be marked automatically.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

10 replies

Hi Aviv,

Right now, we cannot add custom fields in playbooks but this enhancement is in our short term roadmap. I will keep you updated about ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Nitisha,

Thanks.

So is there a way to update a task after the creation with a specific value?

(Maybe using the rule engine)

Aviv.
Hi Aviv,

You can update Task Owner, Status and Priority via Mass Edit functionality but not custom fields. Please refer this article for more details.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
If this field is on the Salesforce Task object, you could use the rules engine to assign a value. And if you create a similar field in Gainsight's CS Task object and map with the Salesforce field (Admin -> Tasks -> Task field mapping configuration), the values will always be in sync. And the CS Task field can also be displayed in the Task layout (in Cockpit) that CSMs can edit manually at any time.

Thanks,

Manu 
Hi Manu,

Thanks.

Actually I created the relevant fields in CS Task object and mapped them with the SF fields. Also, I added them to the task layout in cockpit.

My problem is for tasks that are created automatically with the rules engine. When I'm using the rule engine to open a CTA the custom fields aren't updated and I need to find a way to update them after the creation.

When it's manually it's ok because the CSMs will update the fields, but what happens when the task are created by the rules engine?

Is the rule engine the solution for this?

Thanks much for the quick response 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Aviv,

You could write a rule that runs every day to check for new Tasks that have also been synced to Salesforce. The source object for this rule would be the CS Task object. Then, in the Load to SFDC Object action, select the Task object + Update operation. Map CS Task : Related Record Id to the Task record Id to make sure the rule writes to the right Salesforce Tasks, and also check 'include in identifiers' box next to it. You'd have to add medium as a custom-mapped field to assign it the right value automatically. The bi-direction sync between Gainsight and Salesforce Tasks would take care of bringing the values back into Gainsight (and in the Task detail view).

Thanks,

Manu
Thanks Manu! I'll try it!
Badge

Hi Aviv,

Right now, we cannot add custom fields in playbooks but this enhancement is in our short term roadmap. I will keep you updated about ETA.

Thanks,
Nitisha

Hi Nitisha,

Is it possible to do this now? I  couldn't find a way to change these fields, it would be great if we can add custom fields to the Playbook tasks

Hi @t.uzel .

If you have any custom fields added to your task layout you can set values for those fields in the playbook. You would need to add the fields to the task layout for them to be visible inside playbook tasks….you can do that from the “tasks” administration page (in the workflow section)

Badge

Thanks, @aditya_marla, really helpful!