Question

Success Plan Template Ideas

• 17 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I am creating a couple of Success Plan Templates that my team can use to get a quick start.

I created one Called First Win, which captures some key objectives that we identify when a new customer goes live.  This template shows Key Players, Risks, Reason they bought our product, and timelines to First win.

I am looking for a few idea for other 'LifeCycle' Success Plan Templates and their associated objectives.

5 replies

Badge
Hi Bill,

Find below few links from support.gainsight.com,

1) Success Plans for Product Adoption

2) Success Plans for Premier Customers

3) Success Plan Best Practices

Regards,

Hitesh
Hi Bill,

Any chance you're willing/able to share what you put together? I'm currently building out my own and would love to see additional "real world" examples!

Thanks for bringing up this topic!
Badge
Following up on this thread too as I'm currently restructuring success plans and would love to hear any ideas on how other folks are using them.

What types of Success Plans are you currently using??
We are using them to build our quarterly review plans.  We build a reoccuring workflow that includes doc generation, collaboration with sales, final approval and client review.  This restarts every quarter for a segment of our key accounts so we can see our achievement of plan review each quarter.  The sections of our plan:

Name, Account Exec, Account Manager, Industry, Product Spend, # of Products, # Support Hours

A large section of "Account Notes" is a summary situation report for the account. Then we identify key customer contacts and their rank and role. (champions and detractors if any are identified)  The history of quarterly reviews (date, type-call/onsite) and a link to the takeaways google doc.  Spend by product is broken out along with a list of use cases/success stories for the customer any open opportunities we are working and their status, partners who are engaged and in what capacity.  Finally we break out our growth action plan by action item, due date, who owns it internally and what the status is.   This generally winds up being a 3-4 page document that a sales rep or AM can run off and review in flight to a customer or before a call that gives a good briefing of our situation and current effort.  Anyone in the company who wants a primer on our path to success and current status with a customer can take in a nice summary in a few minutes reading.  

-Ray
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We are working now on using them to drive our entire customer onboarding experience. Each stage has its own success plan. When the activities are complete within each plan, the next phase begins. This includes introductory meeting with customer to review CS objectives, developing their initial success path, project implementation planning, go-live preparation, post-go live activites etc.