Rescue Involuntary Churn

• 1 May 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been working in a project of scalable CSMs team and I would like to get some opinion about rescue churn.

Nowadays every churn request is sent to be rescued by a CSM, however we have resources that prove that efficiency of involuntary churn rescue as Champion left is very low.

I would like to know if you have already tested any model of not rescue involuntary churn and which impact it has resulted.

Thank you

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Olavo,

From my experience and from working with many different companies on this - usually once a customer has made the decision to churn there is little you can do to prevent it. Each set of circumstances is unique, but in a general sense, there's not much value in chasing those. 

However....

As the saying goes "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". At Gainsight we're big believers in mapping and getting ahead of those risk triggers so that you can intervene earlier (before the churn decision has been made). 

Here's a bit of content that speaks to this. Basically, the final outcomes (both positive and negative) on the far left had warning signs (middle column) that could be influenced by actions/behaviors (furthest right column).