Question

New Gainsight Admin

• 26 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi Folks, 

We're in the final implementation phase of our Gainsight instance, and therefore almost ready to take the reins. My question to you is what are your experiences with admin ramp up times post implementation? How long would it typically take for an admin to become comfortable with the tool and able to get to a steady state? Let's say the future admin has moderate knowledge of Salesforce but no experience with a tool like Gainsight otherwise. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Regards,

Niki

4 replies

I Just started the as you described in your question - The best and the fastest way to ramp up is to sign up for the fee Admin 101 course at

https://customersuccessuniversity.gainsight.com/user/consume/course_pathway/a2aeaffd-d91a-38d1-94c2-...

All the videos on this course is about 10 to 15 min each with a total course time of about 3 to 4 hours with practice exams. 

This is the best platform to start off with.

Happy Gainsight administering..:)

Thanks!

~Lokesh
Badge +1
I started as a CSM using Gainsight before becoming an Admin but also balanced CSM work for about 3 months while I was transitioning to more of an ops/admin role. Based on my experience, I would say it takes around 1-2 months to be comfortable with the basics such as rules engine, reporting, and C360. It takes about 3-4 months to become more comfortable and knowledgeable about MDA, data management, and how to continue to leverage the many different facets of Gainsight to best meet your team's needs. 

All that said, I also did not go through the implementation process when we first started with Gainsight so that may help speed things up a bit too 🙂
It takes a while to understand the product as it has many features and is not very intuitive. My recommendation is to assign someone in a full-time role to run Gainsight, much like a Salesforce administrator. My team and I have been working with it for about 4 months and have an intermediate understanding, but feel if it was your only job, you could get it down in 3-4 months.
Thanks, everyone! This is some really great information and gives my team and I something to set our expectations up against.