Question

Interactive report across multiple objects

• 1 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge
Looking for suggestions from the field on best use case for the following scenario from an admin's perspective...

We'd like to pull a report across multiple objects (i.e. opportunity, account, customer info) that we can review upcoming Customer Success owned renewals each quarter. The strategic part I'm trying to figure out is how do we track a couple of key questions that we will fill out during our meeting and store them so we can push this information upstream at any time.

What are your suggestions for the best area to do this:

1) Data spaces - my initial go-to. Relatively easy to pull this info into a report, but I'm not sure the best way to capture information from our meetings.

2) MDA - Another thought was to build a table and either feed this via rules engine, or just to upload information manually via csv after each meeting (since this will only be quarterly). This is a little more high maintenance but we could add in a column for date tracking.

Any suggestions off of these, or other ideas? Thanks for the help!

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

It sounds like you have 2 questions:

1. best solution for reporting on multiple objects?
  2. and how to display those in such a way that you can edit a record similar to a low-volume object?

Am I understanding your scenario correctly?