Solved

Embed Gainsight Survey into our Software.

Badge
We are currently using Wufoo surveys and placing it on a tab in our company's software. Our clients log into their accounts for the first time and fill out those surveys. It's convenient and we get a higher response rate because those particular surveys are in their instance of our software. Once they fill out the survey, the information is stored in Wufoo and a team member exports it and emails it to the proper CSM.

We'd like to revamp this process by utilizing Gainsight surveys. This ensures that the survey data is stored in the survey object, which we can then use to populate survey information on the C360. It's a smoother process and allows are CSM's immediate access to the results. 

To be able to do this, we would need to embed the Gainsight survey onto a tab in our software. I know Gansight surveys are supposed to be used and sent via CoPilot.. but we'd really love it if we could embed it in our software so it's easier for our client's to fill out. 

Has anyone ran into this? Or maybe currently doing something similar to this?? Thank you!!
icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 5 August 2020, 19:20

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Ditto! I'm torn because we'd love to use Pendo's in-app surveying for NPS, since it's bound to get a higher response rate, but I'm stuck since I can't push that info into Gainsight's survey objects.
Same, having to send a survey out with a link leads to lower participation rate
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this use case. We will prioritise this as part of our survey roadmap. The timeline for this is not known at this point and we will update the thread here once we get more clarity for the same.

Regards

Abhishek S
Badge
Thank you for your reply, Abhishek Sivaraman! I look forward to your future updates. 🙂
Badge
Oooo! This would be GOLD.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’d like to please request an update on this topic? We have a definite use-case to present the Gainsight survey link in Pendo in-app messaging but have it NOT be anonymous.  Some kind of AccountiD or ContactID link/mapping be awesome…

Or as done with the embed page configuration in the C360, create a mechanism to create a custom URL string to pass to Pendo that can be embedded in an In-App messenger and capture contact details from Pendo data to link back to Gainsight.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

When you create a survey, you can select the category and make it a non-anonymous survey. That means each contact will have a custom link for the survey. Here’s how to do that: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/06Surveys/02Admin_Guides/Survey_Properties#Additional_Fields

I don’t think this custom link is accessible though. To send it to a user, you need to create a JO program or Email Assist. I believe the unique URL is only created prior to sending the email and I don’t think it exists on an object anywhere. Here’s how to create the Program: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/06Surveys/02Admin_Guides/Distribute_Surveys#Programs

You can access the Survey Link  in this object: 

But as I mentioned above, I don’t believe this data exists until you run the program. I have never tested this but it might be something you want to test. I would create the survey, add your participants to a program without sending it, and then see if you can find the link in the object in the screen shot above. 

Hope this helps provide another option to test and hopefully it works. As I said though, I’ve never tested this so not sure if this will actually work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jean.nairon that may be even MORE slick.  I will investigate this, thank you!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@keith_mattes - let us know if it ended up working. Would be great to have a workaround for this while GS works on a solution. 

For everyone else, please come vote on this idea: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Still trying to find some time to validate… been given some other P1’s to handle ahead of this investigation.  Our internal team is pursuing the Pendo integration to Salesforce as a starting point which would help alleviate our need. Apologies for any delay on testing this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@keith_mattes any progress on testing this? @jean.nairon’s solution would be a great way to get my user research team off of Qualtrics since our subscription there is so basic, there isn’t even a SFDC integration or ability to build it through Zapier!