Digital Led - with a blend of human touch!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • Gainsight Employee: Veteran Rookie
  • 29 replies

Let me also hop on and take part in the hottest topic of discussion these days - Digital CS!

Want to know what’s the Gainsight’s way of managing Digital Led CS? No worries, I will be sharing all about Digital led best practices on 4th of April 2023 at 8 AM PST.

Be a part of the discussion by registering 👉🏻here!

One hour couldn’t just be enough to talk all about the most important topic these days. Let’s start the discussion now in the comments section!

Post your questions/thoughts in the comment section below 👇🏻 and we will do our best to cover them during the session!

10 replies

Badge +3

Hi!! Is there a way to assign the CTA based on the time it comes in and the time zone of the user in the pool? Example we have 3 CSMs serving an ENT account, one in EMEA, one in APAC, and one in NAM. Is there a way to say this came in on NAM time, NAM would serve this. 

Badge +3

This was probably one of the best webinars I’ve been to to date! Sorry for bombarding with questions but it’s super relevant to my day to day right now 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

How do you manage requests coming into this team?? 

Currently we’re using SFDC cases - when an email comes in from accounts in this segment, a SFDC case is created for them to track and manage that request from the customer. But this process feels very disconnected from Gainsight and I’d like to have emails from customers open CTAs (or other record type) for our CSMs to execute instead of SFDC cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I had a question similar to @jessica_owens. I feel like there’s a current gap between emails arriving from customers to a pooled team, and the tracking of that email and any corresponding actions and impacts in a platform like Gainsight CS. What best practices might be recommended here?

Badge +3

@jessica_owens and @matthew_lind back when we did pooled before we had an email alias that would create a “Community Connect” Case type for the CSM to engage and then the case would come in via GS reports. But in the end the CSM would have to action it in SFDC. So how do we get eeeeeverything in GS? I guess I’m probably piling on to the same question. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@bmayden, for the first use case you shared, I have a few recommendations;

• For ENT customers, it’s the best practice to have a dedicated CSMs working in the same time zone
  • It’s good to have the pooled CS team for the tech touch customers. During the time of onboarding or transition from the implementation team, set the expectation with the customer that they will get the reply from CSMs within 24 hours

With the above approach there will be less dependability on creating the CTA rule that triggers at the time of CSMs working hours.

At last, I would like to thank you for the feedback! I’m glad you liked the content shared during the session!
We welcome your questions, this helps us to learn and think about various use cases that we might have never encountered. Thank you for your active participation!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jessica_owens , This is a very good use case that you shared and we have had connect with our Product team on this. As of now, we do not have any timeline on this enhancement but wanted to let you know this has been communicated with the Product folks internally.

Regarding sending requests as cases in SFDC, Is this something done manually or cases are created automatically?

If automatically, we can send these cases to Gainsight and try to trigger CTAs. To guide you better, I would have to understand the use case better.

Happy to chat with your CSM internally on this!

@jessica_owens and @matthew_lind, currently at Gainsight we share a common DL with the customers on which they can reach out to us. Then, looking at the CSMs bandwidth (tracked via reports/dashboards) we take the ownership. This could not be the best way to tackle requests, but we are still evolving the process.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@jessica_owens , This is a very good use case that you shared and we have had connect with our Product team on this. As of now, we do not have any timeline on this enhancement but wanted to let you know this has been communicated with the Product folks internally.

Regarding sending requests as cases in SFDC, Is this something done manually or cases are created automatically?

If automatically, we can send these cases to Gainsight and try to trigger CTAs. To guide you better, I would have to understand the use case better.

Happy to chat with your CSM internally on this!

@jessica_owens and @matthew_lind, currently at Gainsight we share a common DL with the customers on which they can reach out to us. Then, looking at the CSMs bandwidth (tracked via reports/dashboards) we take the ownership. This could not be the best way to tackle requests, but we are still evolving the process.

Customers email into our digital team with a request and that email automatically creates a case in SFDC and the digital team assigns them to individuals round-robin. The trouble is, the digital team spends most of their time in SFDC working these cases, that they really only use Gainsight to log an occasional activity. 

Ideally, I’d like to replace SFDC cases with a Gainsight object, so that when a customer emails our digital team, a CTA / Case / Whatever type of record is created for them and can be automatically assigned round-robin.

I don’t love the idea of “daisy-chaining” these requests: email creates a SFDC case, Gainsight record created, CSM takes action, closes the Gainsight record, and then somehow the SFDC case is closed. It feels a little clunky and leaves a lot of room for error. Also, the more I can do on my own in Gainsight and not have to lean on the SFDC team, the better.

Sounds like this Gainsight capability isn’t available yet, but your product team is aware of the need. You’re welcome to reach out to my CSM though. Thanks for the follow up!

Hi @yuniyal , is there a recording of this session anywhere please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @yuniyal , is there a recording of this session anywhere please?

Hi @SophieHurst! You can find the slide deck used and the recording of this session here.