Customer Use Case documentation in Gainsight

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

What are some ways you have operationalized the collection & documentation of customer use cases?

We’re looking to connect the dots between our stellar customers and their use cases, to inform product marketing & customer marketing strategies and outreach. Eg, identify our customers that are using our product really well for one of our core use cases, and amplify that testimonial in future marketing efforts.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Couple of things I have thought about:

• Specific timeline activity that could be created with the fields you’d want to capture
  • Survey sent via JO (or CTA email) to capture the details
  • Custom object surfaced on the C360 (or linked to a specific CTA)

Then, depending on where you want it to go, you could create an internal user JO to send reports off to whomever needs to see it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@heather_hansen I was thinking about the Survey sent via JO but I know very little about how to use surveys for internal use, and the support article lacks context of common use cases for internal submission surveys. 

In your experience:

1. Does an Internal Submission survey still associate itself with an account?
  2. Would it still populate in the “Surveys” tab of the C360 even if it wasn’t submitted by an external contact?
  3. How would a CSM get access to the survey link to complete it? In our instance, we would want to collect “use case” documentation at any given point in time from our CSMs, not at a set point in time where I can run a JO program and email out a one-time link. It would be more of an evergreen process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think it might be easier in that case to do a custom object or a Timeline activity depending on how you want to track/report on.  Do they have any other actions they’d need to take other than capture the info?  If not, I might just do a custom Timeline activity with the details of what you want to capture.  Happy to jump on a call and talk through if it would help.