Just wrapped up a webinar discussion on CS Compensation trends with Ray Rike from RevOps Squared.
- Summarized the trends from our 2023 CS Comp Survey
- Discussed how we’ve seen CS comp plans evolve over the last several years
- Compared the two ends of the spectrum for comp
- Variable based on Renewal/expansion performance
- Variable based on Outcome (typically an Activity, Indicator, or Result)
We had a ton of questions during the session that I wanted to bring to the community. Dont see you question here? or don’t see an answer? Create a community post and tag with #compensation!
First, a set of questions that are answered in the report - so head here to get it! (https://info.gainsight.com/the-evolution-of-customer-success-report-ebook.html)
- What is the compensation breakdown for a Director of Customer Success?
- Are you seeing a trend of variable pay focused on Net Dollar Retention, rather than something like quota commission + churn target MBO?
- Where do Directors and Sr Directors fall in the comp structure? Did you collect data on that mid-management range?
- I’d love to know how size of BoB per CSM perhaps impacts comp/the model if at all. I’d say we tend to land at a much higher customer count per CSM than what’s the industry average.
- Curious how this is adjusted for both enterprise CSMs who may have 10-15 accounts and a tech-touch CSM who have thousands.