One of the topics we discussed was Technical CSMs/Customer Success Architects. Here are a few of the questions that we discussed:
- How should I think through the team structure? Who does what and what capabilities to look in the different roles?
- What are your large differentiators between your CSM group and Technical CSM group?
- Compared to using a general support team, does assigning a Technical CSM to a customer make the customer more self-sufficient, or more dependent?
- What is the ideal role of a Technical CSM, to conduct an onboarding/initial setup, or to check in with a customer throughout their lifespan?
- How have you gotten customers to engage past the technical validation, and into the rollout and adoption process?
- My TAM organization is looking to use Gainsight but I've built Gainsight around CSMs. Any advice?
- How do you best manage the customers understand of engagement with CSA vs. CSM's?