Question

Automated testing of Gainsight

• 27 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Are there any recommended Test automation tools that we can use to test our Gainsight environment

I'm looking for testing the UAT tests that we run on Gainsight when we upgrade to newer builds

These UAT tests includes validation of Rules execution, Permissions and access to various features of Gainsight web currently

Any advise here will be helpfull

8 replies

Hi Lokesh,

I have forwarded your question to our engineering team, they will be replying to you shortly

Regards,

Lakshmi
Great Thanks!, I will Look forward to the Reply from engineering team

Regards,

~Lokesh
Hi Lokesh,

As of now we don't have any UAT test automation tools to provide for external audience. But we do run huge set of UI and API Automation tests internally within Gainsight before every release to make sure everything is fine.

Kindly let me know if you need any additional details.

Regards,

Abhilash
Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your response on this.

Can you let me know what tool are you using for UI tests?

By UAT tests what I mean is we have certain business cases for which we have rules designed  - as a part of UAT testing, i will need to execute this rules and validate the output.

My tests are not limited to rules alone but expands to various other features in Gainsight such testing set admin permissions for surveys, Gnsnap and so on.

These tests are done everytime we upgrade our Gainsight environment - ( we have not subscribed for auto update).

Hence as a part of Upgrade, I need to perform the above-mentioned tests. I'm exploring options to automate the same.

Can you pls let me know what kind of tools can help me achieve this.

Thanks!

~Lokesh
Hi Lokesh,

For UI Automation, we are using selenium WebDriver. So, you can use the same.

(So, if you wanted to verify something from web, selenium is the perfect automation tool).

Kindly let me know if you need any additional details.

Regards,

Abhilash
Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the input. I was also looking at exploring the option of selenium webdriver.

So your input confirms that this is the best way to approach

Just one question - do you follow any specific framework or you have built a customized one for Gainsight testing.

if you do have a framework - will you be able to share the same?

Do let me know

Thanks!

~Lokesh
Hi Lokesh,

We have built our own framework. It's customized and internal to Gainsight.

FYI - Our framework is developed on top of selenium WebDriver and other open source tools/libraries to support UI, API automation etc.

Regards,

Abhilash
Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the inputs

Regards

Lokesh