Question

Rules Engine Help - Prevent a CTA from firing if one was recently closed

• 18 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
We have a field that we're using to fire a CTA when the client doesn't hit a usage benchmark. That field is only populated for accounts where the benchmark isn't reached. I'm trying to write the CTA so that the CSM only gets the alert one time in a 30 day period. So, how do I prevent the CTA from firing again for an account where the CTA has been closed in the 30 day period?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Have you considered making it a date field? So, instead of the field's meaning being, "customer has egregious usage", it would mean, "most recent date that the customer had egregious usage". Then you could leave it populated, and it would keep itself updated if the customer kept having terrible usage.
Hi Heather!  We do this by creating a date field on the Customer Info object and mapping the date there when the CTA fires.  For example you could name the field "Last Usage Alert Date."  Then when creating the logic for the CTA say fire CTA if logic for usage alert = true and Last Usage Alert Date is greater than 30 days or Null.  Since you can do multiple actions per rule this works well.  We load to customers and fire CTA in the same rule.  My screen shot below is how we do it for our New Advertisers CTAs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Ellen! I was hoping to do it without having to request another field, but I think that's the only way I can see to make it work. 🙂 I appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
"...without having to request another field." 

I feel your pain sister. 🙂