Solved

Risk management

• 18 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi - we are still fairly new to Gainsight and I wanted to hear more about how we can manage risk effectively in G. Our current process is quite well mapped out and we have a good risk matrix, escalation process and weekly review in place. At the moment we were going to create a new timeline activity called risk and use this to drive our weekly meetings. Is this right.? I see on the Gainsight webinars that the healthscore card is used.

Thanks

Sonia

icon

Best answer by bradley 19 January 2021, 17:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@sleighton I think a Timeline activity is definitely a good way to start.  We also use Success Plans, and have a type specific for customers that are pulled into our weekly meetings because they are at risk.  We use that to track any objectives that come up during the meeting as well as to continue to monitor progress towards those objectives.  You could also use CTAs depending on how fleshed out your risk details are and what data is already available in Gainsight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sleighton Using Risk CTAs in the past has worked well, as you can have a risk type and further sub-types and makes reporting simple, as you can also see if the risk is still “open” or not, which can also factor into your scorecard.

The main pushback is in getting users to adopt adding more CTAs - however, if you can use it as a method for CSMs to add risk CTAs to ask for additional support from managers/leads instead of timing meetings or back and forth emails it might be an easier sell.

Badge +1

Thank you @bradley and @heather_hansen I think I just needed the confidence to know that there are a couple of different ways to manage this in GS - appreciate your support

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi - we are still fairly new to Gainsight and I wanted to hear more about how we can manage risk effectively in G. Our current process is quite well mapped out and we have a good risk matrix, escalation process and weekly review in place. At the moment we were going to create a new timeline activity called risk and use this to drive our weekly meetings. Is this right.? I see on the Gainsight webinars that the healthscore card is used.

Thanks

Sonia

@sleighton welcome to Gainsight! Welcome to post all your queries here. 

@heather_hansen and @bradley thanks for your inputs!