Question

Product Suggestions

• 9 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
We're looking for ideas on how to pass product suggestions (or red flag issues) to appropriate parties via GS.  Currently, most of this is done via email as all our teams aren't in GS or SF for that matter.  I was thinking of creating a task in GS, and then, have a rule that runs when it sees that task, and either automatically sends an email to the correct group.  Anyone done anything similar or taken another approach?

4 replies

Badge
Heather,

How are you gathering the product suggestions? Is it all word of mouth?  If so, you could do that exactly as you described, or even have your CSMs make CTAs and queue it off of that.  Standard Salesforce workflow could be leveraged on the creation of this record to email the appropriate parties, or even a scheduled Gainsight Rule.  Happy to provide more information if needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Rob!

Thanks!  I appreciate it!
Badge +3
Another couple of options:

CSM creates a CTA for these kind of suggestions and assigns them as a specific type (for reporting useful and for custom fields if you want).  You would want the Chatter feed enabled - the details could be put in the Chatter post for that CTA.  Non-SFDC users can use Chatter and even reply there to updates, questions or feedback - we did this for quite a while at Gainsight - Post on the Account and then product and engg could reply/update using the free Chatter version (must be a post on an Account or Contact - not the CTA directly)

What we do now - through our Community, we integrate the Community details with SFDC and we show the Product Ideas you post here on your C360 page in GonG (our internal Gainsight on Gainsight instance).
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Denise!  I appreciate it!  We're working on building out our community now, so good to know that's an option as well.