How to add fields to the MDA Company Standard Object

• 2 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
A very common question I get from customers is how to add fields to the MDA Company standard object. I'm hoping this video will help clarify the steps involved. Please feel free to add any questions/comments below!

7 replies

What an EXCELLENT video!!! Speaks clearly, explains properly what they're doing - thank you soo much Spencer!! Not Spencers fault, but I dont seem to be able to make the video full screen, but I could still see it, just would be much nicer full screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for the nice feedback, Richard! It looks like the full-screen issue is a formatting issue within our Community page. For future reference, you can click on the Vimeo link itself, which will take you to Vimeo, where you can view this full-screen. 
Doh! - Thanks Spencer, yep, I can see it full screen now.
Badge
Here is the vimeo link to full screen https://player.vimeo.com/video/258339549. My favorite video I reference for my customers often - thanks Spencer!

Hey Spencer! This video was exactly what I needed - thanks! Is there anyway that the mapped field can also be enabled for use with Global reporting filters? I can see the field that I mapped in reporting, but when I try to include is as a global filter within reporting, it's not there. Is this functionality that doesn't exist of am I doing something wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @jamoreman - great question. You should be able to use that field in a global filter. The only gotcha to watch out for is if you potentially mapped a picklist to a string, a datetime to a date, or something like that. In order to use fields from different objects in a global filter, the field types have to be the exact same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Important update to this video: Everything in this tutorial is still relevant except you will now be using the Salesforce Connector rather than Gainsight Connect.