Question

Does anyone have any recommendations or best practices for what a CSM should do on day 1 in Gainsight?

• 27 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello! I am an admin and PM for our Gainsight implementation and we are about to assign licenses to our first CSMs. We have all taken the appropriate training provided by Gainsight in preparation for this. Does anyone have any recommendations or best practices for what a CSM should do on day 1 in Gainsight? Anything from what functionality CSMs leveraged first to how CSMs moved off of the prior tools they were using to literally the first things they clicked when logging in to the tool would be helpful. Of course, if anyone has other topics that are relevant from their experience, that is very welcome as well. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being part of the Gainsight Community!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Josh,

Great question, and I'm sure our Community will have helpful suggestions! This 9-min. video is a little older, but it's narrated by one of our original Gainsight CSMs and shares how she uses Cockpit for her day to day work. If your team hasn't seen it already, it has good tips!
I do a live Gainsight Demo with a lot of focus on Cockpit, the C360 page, and Timeline for new CSM's. I make sure they have access before my demo so they can log in and click around. I also provide links to Welcome to Gainsight and to CS University
Megan, thank you for the advice! I have a live demo scheduled tomorrow for our internal CSM "early adopters" - I plan on leveraging your suggestion during that demo. Thanks again!
Just wanted to resurface this and see if there are any other suggestions/recommendations. The tips so far have already been very helpful! I held the first live internal training/demo today (which seemed to work well) and am hoping to get a Beta test team using Gainsight by the end of the month.