Remove "Add Account" button in SFDC when Gainsight widget is enabled.

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

We have the Gainsight widget in SFDC enabled. This works great for the accounts that are in Gainsight but many of our SFDC accounts are not in Gainsight and are not supposed to be. But each of these accounts has a button on it, where the widget would be if they were in Gainsight, that lets the user add the account to Gainsight. This is causing issues to the point where we are now shutting down the Gainsight widget. Can we get the ability to disable or eliminate this button, so we can keep the widget for those accounts that are in Gainsight, yet not have everyone able to add any account they want?
Good idea.  We too do not want all SFDC accounts brought into Gainsight and have automated interface to pull over the accounts that should be added.
I would be interested to turn off the Gainsight Widget for some accounts; for example I have a parent account with no usage that has several children that have usage. So I want to turn off the Parent and only keep the children's Gainsight Widget.
Would the Salesforce Account Page Layouts meet this need? You are able to create different layouts per Account Type and the widget would only show up on certain layouts.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_layout.htm
In our Spring 2017 release (that will come out in May), we will add better control on who would be able to add Accounts to Gainsight via Account Widget and also via Customers tab. 
Has this been addressed?  We're not using the widget yet but will be soon. I do NOT want Sales reps adding accounts to Gainsight.
Hi Jeff, it looks like it has been: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Customers_and_Relationships/Admin_Configuration/...

"If you do not have permissions on the CustomerInfo object, adding or deleting a customer to Gainsight will not be possible in Gainsight Customers tab, Account widget, and Opportunity widget."
Hey @dan_ahrens - I tagged you in another post (that I deleted, because I forgot about this one). Thanks for the feedback. So a couple things:

1. What permissions do users need to have to prevent them from adding/deleting a customer, but still allow them to edit fields on the object?

2. We really need the option to obscure the Add Account buttons altogether, not only restrict access. It's rather frustrating to have a button that, when you click it, tells you you don't have sufficient permissions. Then people think there's a permissions issue and they open up internal ticket to have their permissions fixed, when nothing is broken.

3. Same goes for the pencils on C360 related lists.

Can we not just have the option to disable these buttons? That would negate the need to mess with Customer Info permissions.

@jitin_mehndiratta - can you share your thoughts on this?