Would like to have the ability to send a email from a Program to a list of users

Related products: None

When sending emails through programs on Journey Orchestrator the recipient email must be a single user. I would like to have the chance to send it to multiple users, instead to have only a single recipient allow the recipient to be a list of users. 

And also allow to had recipients manually.

In my case i have to send the same notification email to 5 different users and i believe that i will need to create five different programs for this. 

Thanks, 

Leonel M.

Hi Leonel,

I think the max number of participants we emailed via one program was 26000. What type of source are you using? If you load CSV file, you can add up to 10,000 participants (I think). If you use bionic rule, then you can email as many as you wish. 

As per adding users manually - I don’t believe it’s possible once they are loaded but you can always add new source e.g. csv file with a handful of extra people. We once launched a communication to customers, then realised we did not include a specific group. Adding csv file with their details and republishing the program fixed it. 

Thanks

Katerina 

Hi @katerina_nemcova

i mean the Recipient Email Address field that can only be mapped to a single email recipient. What if for the same record retrieved on the query to send the email to more than one users?

Another thing is the query to retrieve multiple records and the email to be sent to one participant per record. 

Regards, 

Leonel M.

You have the option to add/BCC up to 3 additional participants to receive a copy of the email but that is about it. 

Can you describe your use case a bit more please? What exactly are you trying to send and who are the 5 additional people - internal/external?

I am trying to send a email notification to internal users(will be 5 of them) when the overall health score changes. 

And to send email actions on the programs i cannot see the add/BCC option. The only one that is available is the ‘To’ option. 

Here is an example of one of our communication we use for internal purposes to tell a certain team when low touch customers fail to renew and need to be suspended. You can see the “Email Copy” tickbox on right hand side. 

We also have a notification to tell specific people when a health score changes but for that we use them as the main participants i.e. the system pulls them as participants in the main set up section. So instead of pulling customer contacts, we have 10 internal users on the list.

Hope this helps. 

K

Thanks Katerina.

That’s really helpful and works good for what i need.

Good to hear and good luck with this!

Take care.

K

Here is an example of one of our communication we use for internal purposes to tell a certain team when low touch customers fail to renew and need to be suspended. You can see the “Email Copy” tickbox on right hand side. 

We also have a notification to tell specific people when a health score changes but for that we use them as the main participants i.e. the system pulls them as participants in the main set up section. So instead of pulling customer contacts, we have 10 internal users on the list.

Hope this helps. 

K

@katerina_nemcova Thanks for the reply!!