What to do with old CTA Types

Related products: None

I am in the process of trying to clean up the CTA Types and Reasons for my current environment - an environment I inherited that was terribly configured.

Struggling with the fact that

1. I cannot change CTA Types on existing CTAs (and according to Support, Gainsight can’t either)
  2. I cannot disable a CTA Type if it’s in use by existing CTAs

My only option appears to be to delete the CTAs that use the type I want to eliminate - but I discovered that if I delete a CTA that had an email associated with it, the email gets deleted from Timeline as well.

So basically, can Gainsight suggest a way to retire old CTA Types so that end users do not continue to use them?  

Hi Knight.

+1 for your question

Actually, instead of Deleting the CTA, I Closed the CTA. And then tried to unselect the CTA Type which I don’t want. But it didn’t work as expected.

Getting the below popup even after closed the CTA.

Hi @darkknight  @phani_kumar 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. On making CTA Types inactive….we have modified the behaviour in NXT so that you can make a CTA Type inactive even if there are any existing CTA’s using it (but the check will continue for deletion). We are also working on making it possible to make playbooks as inactive

Regarding updating the CTA type of existing CTA’s - Its present on our roadmap but dont have an ETA for it. Also its a slightly complicated process - since each CTA type can have different layouts and different set of reasons/statuses/priorities

Regards

Great!   What about the SFDC version?

Hi darkknight,

For now, we don't have plans to make the changes/enhancements to the SFDC edition. I will keep you updated if there is any change in this.

Of course not.

Of course not.

LOL :)

@darkknight - I just did a transformation of CTA types and reasons.  What we did was move all the old CTA types and reasons to the new ones, allowing us to delete the old CTA types and reasons.  Not sure if that will help your scenario.  

@andorfuhrer I went through that exercise as well, however there were some limitations for me.  So not a full solution unfortunately.  Same with playbooks.

SFDC is the new step-child :disappointed_relieved:

@andorfuhrer  did you do that in Mass edit?

@darkknight Did you get a chance to view the latest comments here?

@sai_ram yes and I replied 

“SFDC is the new step-child :disappointed_relieved:

I feel you there! There’s some basic housekeeping things that SFDC ver. cannot accommodate. It is hard to clean things up when certain items as still avail to end users who don’t..um well listen to instruction.

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented as part of the v6.14 release.  Previously, it was only possible to deprecate or make existing Cockpit picklists such as CTA Types/Reasons/Status/Priority/Snooze and Success Plan Templates/Types/Objective Categories inactive. Gainsight now supports deprecating and making Playbooks inactive.

Along with making Playbooks inactive, Gainsight also made some minor behavior changes to the following Cockpit and Success Plans assets while making them inactive:

• CTA Picklists
  • Success Plan Templates
  • Success Plan Types
  • Success Plan Objective Categories

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!