Viewer/Viewer+ Analytics license holders should be able to close CTAs assigned to them

Related products: None

I think there should be a slight modification to Viewer and Viewer + license permissions where a user with one of these two license types assigned to them should be able to close out a CTA which has been assigned to them.

Our specific use case: CSMs run a series of playbooks and success plans which include CTAs for members of the sales team. All sales people have Viewer licenses. If one of these CTAs is assigned to a ‘viewer’ for action - they should be able to close that CTA (and just this CTA assigned to them) if their action is complete.

I’ve had this request come up from multiple GS customers of mine.  They have playbooks firing that add a Sales rep on certain tasks… once that rep has completed their tasks, they are not able to close them out! They have to message the CSM separately letting them know that they completed the request and ask the CSM to close out the task for them. Its a big inefficiency.

Especially with Viewer+, they clearly should not be able to CREATE a new CTA or Task themselves, but if something is assigned to them (which is possible now) they should absolutely be able to close that task out.  This is not a use case that would require a Full license, they will not use Gainsight to do their work OTHER THAN the work assigned to them by an automated Admin flow or by a Full User.

Adding to this as our need for this permissions change has evolved:

We are now using Gainsight to run services projects as Success Plans. The system has been great for this, with one major exception. Our PMs have full licenses (as you would expect), however the consultants working on the project are on a Viewer license as they don’t need full access.

That said, the project manager ends up having to close tasks assigned to the consultant when the work is done, which leaves a lot of room for miscommunication and tracking down of tasks. In other words - very inefficient. 

Adding the ability to close only those tasks that an individual viewer is assigned to, would increase the usability of Gainsight for this purpose.

One other use case is for Closed Loop. It is a little crazy that we have to give folks a full license just to close the loop for Tech Support or Product, etc. We have tried to work around it with bi-directional sync with SF tasks but it doesn’t work well. It would be ideal to close the loop within Gainsight with a viewer license. 

I completely agree with this suggestion.  If a user can be assigned a CTA or task, they should be able to close it.  We’ve recently gone live with Viewer + Analytics for our non-customer facing consultant teams (and others) who are being assigned CTAs and just now realizing they can’t close them out.