Survey Questions 1:Many

• 24 August 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge
We have customers that have multiple activities / projects happening simultaneously. Rather than sending multiple emails for updates or at close out, we would like to send one email that covers multiple instances. We could set parameters to say 'repeat this question where project close date is between A and B.'

For example, client is working on Project 1, 2, 3 at the same time - they are coordinated, but involve different specialized teams. In the survey, we would say rate Project 1 experience, Project 2 experience, Project 3 experience, etc.

For this to be effective, we would also need questions to be tokenized - reference post: To

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/creating-surveys-with-tokens.

The survey would be delivered via CoPilot email - both automated and through CTA Assist.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Adams

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yes, in that scenario there would be 8 separate survey requests as each support case could be a unique experience. The Associated Object functionality allows linking between the survey response and the support case to know when a specific support experience had a positive or negative response. 

I think as Karl mentioned, you'd want to retain each survey separately due to the need to ask the similar set of questions for each event that triggers a survey. 

Another alternative if you didn't want to send multiple surveys would be to ask more general questions such as "How would you rate our service across all interactions you've had with us within the last 90 days?" - or similar. 

This would allow you to group the experiences together, but you'd lose the granularity for drill into each individual case or project. 

If you go with this alternative approach, our Text Analytics functionality might be more helpful/relevant. Currently it's only available on the NPS question, but with next week's release, it will support any other open text field. https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Surveys_and_NPS/User_Guides/How_NPS_Text_Analyti...
Badge
Thanks, Dan. The problem is that seems to still be a 1:1 relationship. How do you manage if you have 8 cases closing at once? Does it fire off 8 separate emails?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Elizabeth, the use case you describe is very similar to CSAT surveys that are triggered upon completion of a support case. 

One of the ways that we support this functionality is via the use of Associated Objects whereby you can link a survey back to the event (support case, services project, etc) that triggered it. Check out the details here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Surveys_and_NPS/Admin_Configuration/Survey_Links...

This might help you as you conceptualize your process. 
Badge
Hi Karl - I see your point about the questions. I'm trying to avoid having multiple surveys so I'm not sure how moving them from one to another really solves for the use case.
Badge +3
Potentially. But is that what you want?  If I understood correctly, you want to essentially merge multiple surveys into one. If the questions are all treated as different I fear that it would be hard to do aggregate reports.  What about the idea of transparently moving users from one survey to another?
Badge
Hmmmmm . . . . Good point. Would it be possible to dynamically create question IDs so it would still be one survey with a dynamic number of questions?

Elizbeth

Badge +3
Interesting idea.   One thing that I worry a bit about is reporting.  Is the idea that they would be treated as multiple separate surveys for reporting purposes?