View as someone else

Related products: None

I would love the ability to load one of my CSM's profiles to test the views that I'm building out in layouts and other reports specific to the individual. Being able to use the actual data I'll ultimately display as a test would be an awesome tool and allow me to move more quickly in responding to my team's requests.
I love this idea.  We have dashboards customized for management and leadership also where they can see details only for CSMs that fall directly within their reporting structure.  I find it challenging to troubleshoot those reports since no CSMs report to me, so this would be a handy administrator tool!
Hi Sam & Jeff - This is actually done at the Salesforce level (since Gainsight is a SFDC native application). 

See this SFDC help article for the details: 

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=logging_in_as_another_user.htm&language=en
THansk for the note Dan.  However, Gainsight Admins are not always Salesforce Admins.  I don't think we want to be able to login as another user - SFDC ops team would frown on that.  Having an option to view a report or dashboard as another user would be helpful for GS Ops teams that don't have SFDC admin privileges.
We would also benefit from this feature. When building reports and dashboards for our CSMs where I want to only show 'My customers' I have no way of testing to view what the data will look like without removing the 'my customers' filter.

can I please double vote for this. I agree 1000% as we have the ability to give single users permission to different parts of the instance then we should be able to preview and troubleshoot before we tell our SVP and President that everything looks good. It is messy when they have to go back and forth with us with screenshots or share their screen as we troubleshoot. It is a waste of their time and embarrassing for us. I am sure if the decision-makers (SVP and upwards) sees how seamless this tool is it would be easier to sell and renew contracts. :wink:

please do something about this Gainsight for the NXT instance as well. 

@darshana.shah 

This is definitely an interesting idea. Will add it to the backlog and have some discussions around this! 

This would be amazing! having to unlock filters, viewing as someone else etc is hard work. We have a lot of performance info on dashboards so I dont want to be unlocking etc.

Yes, absolutely agree. This is a must have