Variant Email Templates In Email Assist

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

I have a request from a customer to be able to use (for example) the language variant when using email assist. In testing this it appears that it always defaults to the first in the list (English) when sending out. They'd like the email sent out to a contact outside the US to receive the email in the local language similar to the way that Co-pilot works. At this time it looks like they'd need to create a template for each language. 

hello @cjonas03 

This will be applicable only for NXT and NXT with salesforce connector.

This is great news! This feature will save our team from manually finding the right localized template to use. Does anyone know have an updated timeline on when this will be released?

@ashleyyoung this is what you need

Hello All,
we have this in our near term roadmap. Tentative ETA is Q1 2022.

Is there any update when this could be completed?

Any update on this? The feature has a big impact on being able to scale our team’s work. 

Any updates?  How are other companies handling this in Europe as they utilize Gainsight?

Hi All,

With July release , Multi-Version support would be available in ‘Send Email’ option in Cockpit for NxT customers.

This means CSMs can choose any version of an email template while sending email through the ‘Send Email’ option in Cockpit.

Note:

Selection of email version is not currently supported in Playbooks (as Email Tasks) & Gainsight Assist plugins.

However we plan to remove these gaps in future release(s). 

@monica 

Updated idea statusIN DEVELOPMENTPartially Fixed

Hi @ssamarth,

This is a great step forward! “Selection of email version is not currently supported in Playbooks (as Email Tasks) & Gainsight Assist plugins.

However we plan to remove these gaps in future release(s).” → Any timeframe planned for this? Playbooks and Email Tasks are leveraged heavily in our org and would make a huge impact on CSMs’ daily work.

Variants not being available through Playbooks and Gainsight Assist plugins is a very big gap indeed. There are exactly the main use cases I was hoping to use this new functionality for.

@ssamarth Any idea when we could expect this?

Another upvote for email variants to be available in playbooks. I don’t want to have to create another playbook/action for each variant I want to send.

Hello - we also see email variants within playbooks as an important area of this issue. Our CSMs manage accounts in multiple languages, and currently the playbook templates aren’t useful for accounts that aren’t English speaking.

Template versions will be available in Pluggins with Jan release.

@monica could update on playbook availability.

Hi there, any updates on the availability of email template version availability in Playbooks? Not being able to use versions throughout Gainsight email features is pretty inconvenient for us.

@ssamarth can you please give us an update on when will the email template version be available in Playbooks? This is a much needed feature - game chnager for our international CSMs

Looping the playbook PM @monica  

I thought I was dealing with a bug until I came across this thread. Wow, it has been out for 5+ years! Upvoting for playbook tasks picking email versions. 

Hello Gainsight team! Checking in to see if there is a timeframe of when this feature will be fully implemented. 
We support a global team and have a lot of translated email templates. It creates a good deal of unnecessary bulk within Playbooks as well as large volumes of maintenance for the admin team. 

Thanks!

Hi @linny75 ,

This is on the roadmap and we will be picking this up soon. I will keep this thread updated on the progress of the project.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi @linny75 ,

This is on the roadmap and we will be picking this up soon. I will keep this thread updated on the progress of the project.

Thanks,

Monica

Great, thank you Monica!

Hi @linny75 ,

Thanks,

Monica

Can you share what the current status of “Parked” means?  Thanks so much!