Use Mass Edit to add Playbooks

Related products: None

I have a bunch of CTAs I've created for my CSMs using a Rule, and then I adjusted their Close Dates using DataLoader. I would like to use Mass Edit to apply a single Playbook to all of those CTAs at once, instead of having to do it to each CTA.
Seth -

Was there a specific reason you did not select the playbook as part of the rule action that creates the CTA?  Just wondering if there is a use case there we are not thinking of.
Hi Denise,

My fundamental use case is, "Load in back-dated CTAs with Playbooks, since I'm a new Gainsight customer and my CSMs need to have Cockpits that aren't missing a single Renewal or New Customer CTA."

I needed to adjust the CTA due dates after creating the CTAs (per this feature request: https://getsatisfaction.com/gainsight... ) and I could only add the Tasks after setting the due date (per this feature request: https://getsatisfaction.com/gainsight... ) Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify!
If you find yourself having to update more CTAs in the future, you should be able to load the Playbook Id to the JBCXM__Playbook__c field on the CTA record through a data loader as well.
Innnnteresting. By filling in the Playbook Id on the CTA, will that automatically pull in all the Tasks from the Playbook and give them the correct due dates?  (I still have a large number of CTAs to do this for -- I haven't done all the CTA types yet, and I haven't done it for all CSMs yet since only 3 of them have so far cleaned their SFDC Account and Opportunity data.)
This was from 2 years ago -- was there ever a response?
I think there are a few use cases where this would be great to have. For instance if a playbook is removed/deleted then manually all the existing CTAs that had it will need to be fixed one by one. If they could be done via mass edit that would save time by 10 fold.

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for sharing this. One question, when a playbook is deleted...you want to delete all the Open Tasks created via the playbook right ? Even if some changes have been made to the task (eg. status has changed, timeline entries made?)

We had an issue where the majority of the CTAs fired without a playbook. It would be great to have this functionality to be able to update these. There was a CTA fired for each account to manually adding is too tedious.

Additionally, we had another issue where we updated an email template used in a playbook prior to firing the Call to Action rule, however the playbook was still pulled the old template since the playbook was attached prior to firing the Call to Action. I manually replaced the playbook on 40 CTAs, but this would have been much quicker if we could use the mass edit tool to replace the playbook

@andreammelde apologies for the delayed response. Both the scenarios makes sense. The second scenario is something we are hearing more and are planning on solving it in the next two quarters.

Hi Team! Any update on updating Playbooks for CTAs on bulk with Mass Edit? We recently came across this scenario where we have to update few CTA’s Playbook in bulk.

Currently, I am using the API implementation in updating the Playbooks on bulk but we really wanted to have this functionality even available in Mass edit as it finds simple for us.

Thanks!