Usage Configuration: Need ability to remove specific measures from the Usage picklist on C360

Related products: None

I recently had an issue where we had some measures showing up on the Scorecard picklist on C360 that appear to be duplicates and/or have no data associated with them.   These were evidently created as part of the Scorecard originally during our Gainsight implementation, but then were either changed or abandoned.  

One of these measures was not present under the Scorecard and C360 Configuration sections of Administration, so I couldn't figure out it was still displaying in the Usage picklist on the C360.

I opened a ticket with Gainsight and asked them how to remove ANY fields from the Usage picklist if I do not want them to be selected as an option.

I was initially told the only way to do this was to remove them via Workbench using a SOQL query and that this was "by design,"  specifically "when new scorecard metrics are set up, we automatically add them to the pick list object (JBCXMpicklistc) so we can use them in things like the c360 section. If you were to go and delete just the scorecard metric it would delete it from the JBCXMScorecardmetricc object however, it wouldn't delete them out of the picklist object. The only way to delete things from the picklist object is from the backend. We don't give access to do that via the UI."

I challenged this because if I created a Scorecard metric that later I decide no longer fits and can delete the measure from the Scorecard Setup screen, it should also be deleted from the picklist and the Scorecard Columns on the Usage Configuration screen.  To me, that is a bug.

Support went back to engineering on this topic and I was told they agree  that they should give the ability from the UI to delete Scorecard measures from the C360 Usage picklist, therefore I am posting this entry as my official request to have this ability enabled (and also as an FYI to other users who may run into a similar issue.)

A workaround was provided, though, that requires having a picklist tab created in SFDC from the JBCXM_Picklist_c object from which I could select the measures and set to them "inactive" so they would not show up on the list anymore.  See attached image.

Thanks for posting this!