Uncheck Send Separate Emails

Related products: None

Current functionality does not allow you to uncheck the 'Send Separate Email to Recipients' if a token is being used.  We would like to see this only come default on if a Contact Name is used, or if a survey is being used.

Currently we are only tokenizing the Account Name in the Subject of the email, but nothing else.

I have a peer manager from the Strategic accounts team that would jump for joy if this could be turned off. Let's make it happen!
Hi Chris,

Whenever User token, Contact token, or Survey is added in the template then only we disable this particular case. Looks like you don't have any of this and its still disabled for you.

1) Did you had any token in the template that you have deleted in Email Task?

2) Do you have any report in the Email Template that's mapped with Contact filter?

3) And are you seeing this in GONG?, if so can you tell me the CTA name?

Regards,

Hitesh
I helped one of our CSMs with this recently. After they added more than one 'To' recipient, the checkbox greyed out, then they removed the token, but they had to exit out of Email Assist, and then open that email back up again, in order for the checkbox to be editable.
Hi Seth,

I assume the Token must be either Survey or User or Contact token,

If yes, then i would say what was done is Expected, because removing a Token will not update the settings immediately, it will be updated when you close and open Validate Email pop-up.

Regards,

Hitesh
Thanks for clarifying, Hitesh. From our perspective, that's not the behavior that we expected. Maybe something could be done to make it more clear in the interface? (It was one of the first times she was using Email Assist, so it had the opportunity to break her trust in the product, and after we figured it out, it still [i]felt like a bug, not like a use case that the product had been built to expect.)
Hi Seth,

Technically speaking, everytime a Token is deleted we have to check if it was Survey / Contact / User token and there are no other tokens in the template and update the checkbox accordingly, which would have performance impact. 

I do understand your concern and will definitely think of how it can be made intuitive. 

Regards,

Hitesh

I wanted to resurface this ask. @hitesh_sharma  as @seth mentioned it’s hard to justify to the end users this little workaround. I just ran in to the same issue with a training I did and I could already see the “well i’m never using this again” in peoples faces. We have a CTA that has a task with an email assist that most of the time will go to only one person but there is about 30% of the time that it will need to go to more than one person in the same email audience (not separate emails). There is a contact token in the email assist which works great for 70% of the interactions but after deleting it on the fly it does not allow for the send separate emails to be unchecked. I tried @seth ‘s trick and it totally worked but definitely not a viable solution for my users to remember that every-time this occurs. I am hoping that we can implement a fix for this since I can see it happening more and more since our org is email assist heavy. 

Jumping on this - We def would like the ability to uncheck this since not all communications via email assist would require a separate email.  

For example - we have an odd usage behavior CTA that fires with a tokenized email template.  We would like to send this email not only to the product admin, but to 3 of the super users as well, in one communication. 

I wanted to resurface this ask. @hitesh_sharma  as @seth mentioned it’s hard to justify to the end users this little workaround. I just ran in to the same issue with a training I did and I could already see the “well i’m never using this again” in peoples faces. We have a CTA that has a task with an email assist that most of the time will go to only one person but there is about 30% of the time that it will need to go to more than one person in the same email audience (not separate emails). There is a contact token in the email assist which works great for 70% of the interactions but after deleting it on the fly it does not allow for the send separate emails to be unchecked. I tried @seth ‘s trick and it totally worked but definitely not a viable solution for my users to remember that every-time this occurs. I am hoping that we can implement a fix for this since I can see it happening more and more since our org is email assist heavy. 

End users SHOULD NOT have to reclick into the Validate button in order to accomplish this. It should be real-time. I am very surprised this was not added to the Horizon Experience. This is a “tribal knowledge” style nuance that should not be demonstrated as a best practice, nor as a “just deal with it” kind of workaround. This is an immensely critical functionality as admins try to get the team to use email templates and adopt playbooks, which can be a deal-breaker even for strong adopters. 

End Proctoring-

Hello All,
Let me check this, as we are also revamping email assist now we can leverage this opportunity to fix this. I will confirm we are addressing this as part of this or not. 

Hello All,
send separate email cannot be unchecked if we have contact specific tokens, Please confirm if it is behaving otherwise.

@anirbandutta can we get an update here? 

We have a template that doesn’t have any people tokens, no reports and no survey, but the Send Separate Emails is defaulting to checked.  The documentation here is worded to lead you to believe it shouldn’t if none of those conditions are present.