UI Request: Autofit dashboard report containers to number of rows

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Our internal users are really passionate about this one!!

Please create an optional setting for reports in dashboard containers to autofit to the number of rows there are. This should be a relatively simple "given" with regards to a user-friendly interface. Instead, we have to click to see the next 100 or so records for numerous reports in a dashboard, which can be very tedious.

It is also frustrating when attempts to filter a column for a record only applies to the 100 or so visible records. Quicker access to all rows in a report would lead to greater productivity and adoption across all our users.

I'd like to second this post/idea! Lot's of dashboards are used interactively and expanding visibility and access to data is critical!

Hi Anastassia,

For the second part of your request, column filter (Column Search) applies to the entire data set in most of the tables in dashboard and we are enhancing other tables such that it works on entire data set instead of 100 or visible records. I'll update this post once we do that!

Coming to the first part, can you provide a bit more information regarding the autofit you are talking about. I see some usability concerns once we provide that optional autofit.

For example, if a dashboard has 2 reports each having say 1500 records, dashboard will become quite unusable in my opinion. It would be rather hard to reach the second report itself. Now if there are other reports below these 2 in dashboard, it would take forever to view those reports.

Hi Rakesh,

Great on the first point. I look forward to seeing that.

As to the second point, it doesn't even have to be 1500 records. Most of our consultants will only look at 30 customers at a time. The managers may have to view 150-200 records max. It doesn't have to be the entirety of the report, but if you can max it out to a reasonable number and make it autofit, that would ensure more records can be seen, but also for reports with only a handful of records, the container won't be wasting space (we've seen this where a container will allot a certain number, but if there is less, it is still the same size). For longer reports, perhaps there could be a minimize option at the bottom as well to solve for issue where you can't see other reports after focusing on one very long one. Or a "jump to top" feature where you can minimize report afterward.

Hi Anastassia,

Do you use any products or apps that do this very well, in your opinion? Would you be willing to share a screen shot or video of the experience in that app?

Hi Dan,

I don't have a specific example as far as apps or products are concerned, autofit windows are a common feature in web development. I'm not sure what limitations the Gainsight product team might be operating under, however.

Thanks,

Anastassia