Track Usage of Email Templates

Related products: None

Hi Team,

Do we have any plans of tracking the usage of email templates that are used via Gmail/Outlook Plugin?

It will be great to have some stats around the usage of these templates.

Right now, as an admin I don’t have any visibility on how the templates are being utilised by the team (or even if they are being utilised or not).

+1000, I get asked this constantly from Marketing/CS Managers, and for good reasons. This would be an excellent feature.

This is a major need. We are starting to automate more emails for our mid-high touch CSMs and one way to secure buy in is to suppress anyone that they’ve already manually sent the template to - so they can provide personalization to their highest touch customers and let automation support them where needed. 

We also just upgraded our instance and rolled out the Outlook Plugin, but I’m questioning the value of enabling the use of templates through Outlook if they can’t be tracked or even referenced through the platform.

This is a big requirement by our retention marketing team, which creates templates for our CSMs to send to customers. Outside of JO programs, we have no visibility into the usage of these email templates by CSM users, really crucial need. Thank you!

Absolutely, our team would greatly benefit from knowing how often our team is using the built templates. Does the Gainsight team have any updates on if/when this functionality would become avaialble?

Thank you all for bringing this up. While this is one of the items in our backlog, this product area is in maintenance mode for FY24 due to other high priority strategic initiatives at the org level. I will keep this thread updated when we revisit this. Appreciate your understanding!

cc @anirbandutta 

No StatusAcknowledged

I am commenting to upvote this FR! 

I am a CS Leader with a team of 40 and am trying to figure out how to help my CSMs not use bespoke language for every email.  I’m trying to better understand CS performance compared vs. frustrations around scale vs. template usage, so that I can help drive behaviors that will support monthly processes and leave more time for what ACTUALLY has to be personalized. 

Tagging @Abinash, the new PM for Plugins.

cc @anirbandutta 

IMO this is critical functionality to be able to track email template usage and quick frankly surprised it has been asked for this long and not yet delivered - any updates on progress here?

Really, really challenging to manage change, and track comms uptake and CSM utilisation, not to mention customer engagement!