Too many CTAs - need the ability to automatically pull all CTAs into one CTA by account

Related products: None

My team has asked for the ability to group all risk CTAs into a single CTA that they can work on to cut down on the number of CTAs. For example, if there are 5 CTAs, they are telling you that there are 5 issues with an account. It would be best to somehow condense these into a single CTA that can be acted on.

When they get an at risk CTA, many of their actions are the same in terms of further investigating the issue and responding.
I'm not sure I agree with this, but having trouble figuring out how to articulate why.  I feel this would introduce too much complexity.

A Risk CTA is associated with a particular trigger based on a specific data point.  If you somehow merge triggered CTAs into one CTA that may make it tougher to be able to track which CTAs were closed successfully vs unsuccessfully.  Also, how would you know which Risk CTAs would be triggered and when it is the correct Risk CTA to merge with another?

My feeling is that if there can be any combining of tasks at the playbook level where issues would trigger into the same CTA, that would be a better approach.  If the CTA triggers are different, then

I think it's important to keep CTAs separate and distinct and leverage the cockpit shortcuts to close out tasks that may be duplicate between CTAs.
I hear what you're saying. I'm not trying to come up with solutions for this but I can try. 🙂 There are some CTAs that could possibly be grouped together if they triggered at once. That could be one option or certain CTAs would be suppressed if others are fired. You would have a CTA risk hierarchy. More can be done here to improve the experience for the CSMs on the front lines.
If the actions share a common trigger, then couldn't the tasks be merged into a single playbook so that it triggers as the same CTA?

While I'm not onboard with "nesting" CTAs, I do like the idea of being able to use the rules engine to look to see if a certain CTA has already been triggered before triggering another.  I'm not certain if that is possible now or not.  I just tried to create a test rule from the Usage Data object but I don't see an option to include a CTA in the filter.  

I'll be glad when it's not so restrictive that you can only create a rule (or report) from a single object only.  I think that is on the roadmap?
The common trigger is admin failure. 🙂 Gainsight has yet to build anything to handle that. Beyond somehow using subliminal messaging, we need to create different CTAs that are triggered based on different events that indicate admin failure. When Gainsight develops the hypnosis feature, I'm all in. 🙂
Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "admin failure?"
Gainsight does check existing CTA's before creating new (it works like a duplicate check). But you may be able to take advantage of this in your workflow.

If you have the same account, assignee, reason, status it will not create a new CTA but will append CTA comments and tasks to the existing CTA.

In addition to above, you can manually choose to add the CTA name as an identifier for the duplicate check in the rule action.

**I also second Jeff's comments about the loss of reporting power, visibility you'll get by combining non-related CTA's.

If all 5 CTA's in your example above are related to a single risk - maybe redesigning your rules and using more "or" type logic (low usage or no educatiAdoption/Training risk)....then launch a single risk CTA.
"If you have the same account, assignee, reason, status it will not create a new CTA but will append CTA comments and tasks to the existing CTA."

THIS is interesting!  I didn't know that function existed.  Is that documented someplace?
Hey Jeff,

Its mentioned as a note below the (Create) CTA's section on following article.

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Rules_Engine/Admin_Configuration/Setup_Rule_Acti...

Its also pretty easy to test and see for yourself! Let me know if you have any questions.
Cool - thank you sir!!