To show the list of fields used in different modules

Related products: None

It would be great if we the list of fields used in different modules as new section.
The pain point is - To gather the list of column names in a module, we have to click on each and every asset in module manually.

It would be great if we the list of fields used in different modules as new section.
The pain point is - To gather the list of column names in a module, we have to click on each and every asset in module manually.

+1. 

Right now in Data Management, we can see the Dependencies section once we step into the Object.

Screenshot:

Using this we can know where this object was used(Rules or reports or ..etc). But if we want to know field wise tracking where the particular field was used and where, that is not existed at this moment. 

If we can have that option that saves a lot of time.

Thanks.

Hi @phani_kumar @pthallapalli 

We will be improving the Dependency tab as a part of the GDM Revamp

Meanwhile, you could use Object Analyzer to view field-level dependencies

Admin>Operations>Analyzer>Object analyzer

In the Data flow diagram, you can view field dependencies as well.

I hope this helps

Thank you

Preethi

Hi @pgeorge 

Yes, correct, but I think in Object analyzer it will show only the rules if that field is used. I am not sure that the Object analyzer will show other modules other than rules if that particular field was used.

Thanks.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered partially and included as part of the v6.17 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, Admins can now search and select a custom or standard field to filter jobs (in individual application areas) that use the selected field in the Dependencies tab of Data Management. You can see the total number of jobs and filtered jobs for the selected field in the application area. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

Awesome. Thanks @rakesh_lingala

Super. Thanks, @rakesh_lingala and Team.